Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Dayspire

Explorer
How about Psylocke?

[sblock]Shamelessly ripped off of the Atomic Think Tank:

Psylocke

PL: 10 (150pp)

Abilities: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 20 (+5) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 14 (+2) CHA: 16 (+3)

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Bluff 8 (+11/+15), Escape Artist 8 (+13), Gather Information 4 (+7), Notice 10 (+12), Sense Motive 10 (+12), Stealth 12 (+17), Language (Japanese)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus [Melee] (4), Attractive, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Dodge Focus (7), Equipment, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Sneak Attack (2), Takedown Attack, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: ESP 2 [Visual] (4pp), Mental Blast 6 (Flaws: Mental Weapon [-2]; 12pp), Telepathy 4 (8pp), Teleport 8 (Power Feats: Progression (3); Flaws: Medium [Shadows] [-1]; 11pp)

Combat: Attack +8 (+12 Melee) [Unarmed +2, Sword +5; 19-20 Crit, Mental Blade +6] Defense 24 (14 flat-footed) Init +9

Saves: Toughness +6 (2 flat-footed) Fortitude +3 Reflex +10 Will +8

Equipment: Sword [+3 Damage; 19-20 Crit; Mighty; 5ep]

Abilities 30 + Skills 15 (60 Ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 35 + Combat 30 + Saves 12 – Drawbacks 0 =150/150
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
it's an interesting character, but it has Little to do with Psylocke other than being a female ninja with swords...
Psylocke was a Psychic with various powers(telekinesis, Psycho-blast, Psy-blade, Levitation, etc), but none of them gave her any form of regeneration (especially not of the "regrowth" level), and I'm not sure how the Vibration Control fits in..

Jemal

Adventurer
ah, SI, Gracias, much better.
Is that what you want to use or will you be doing any major changes/thinking of other ideas?

Shayuri

First Post
Granted... Well, lemme do what I usually do when I've got a lot of ideas. Shotgun them all out, and see which one seems coolest to everyone else. I'm too close to tell, usually. :)

Facade - Humanoid shapeshifter, sort of Mystiquish. Facade has a whole other physicality though. Pretty much every cell of her body is under her control, meaning that she can quickly heal wounds and is very resilient to damage in the first place. She can also shift/adapt her body without imitating forms...freely adding traits to forms that don't have them, or mixing and matching different abilities. If she 'samples' a person by touching them, she can simulate them down to a genetic level, making her impossible to tell apart with DNA or blood tests (this does not let her simulate the strange 'x-factors' that bring about super powers though). Even death is a temporary inconvenience, unless her cells are actually destroyed en masse (via burning or similar). However, while her body is all but indestructible, her mind is considerably more fragile. When she "dies" by any means, she returns with only fragmentary memories of her prior self, and even the shredded, half-glimpsed images left feel like someone else. Her identity is effectively 'reset.' As a result, Facade has no idea who she 'really' is, how old she is, or how many times she's been killed and raised. She's joined the school both to learn about herself and her strange, frightening abilities as well as to find sanctuary against the hostility that she was startled to be subject to not long after her most recent awakening.
Possible complications: Since her personality resets every time she dies, the past Facade could have been anyone. Maybe someone good...maybe someone bad. She's likely to have friends and enemies that will surface as she tries to find out more about who she was in a futile effort to regain some sense of identity and continuity.
Inspirations: Mythology, and the memory thing is a nod to the Planescape computer RPG. :)

Tessa "Tessaract" Barnes - Control/creation of spatial rifts and distortions. Tess is a bit of a late-bloomer as mutants go, not fully manifesting until midway through high school. Before that, she knew she could do SOMETHING weird, but didn't understand what she was sensing enough to know what to do with it. She took an advanced physics course in her sophomore year that gave her a new frame of reference to comprehend her abilities, and with comprehension came practical application. Because her ability to use her power seems to be at least partially dependent on how well she understands its principles, Xavier's school was a natural place to transfer to, even though she's managed to conceal her nature from friends and loved ones. She now walks the razor-edged line of trying to explore her mutant ability without sacrificing her 'ordinary' life.
Possible Complications: Tess is hiding a pretty big secret from her non-mutant friends and family...and the fact that she's doing so could serve as a sore point among her new mutant friends. Trying to live two lives is a delicate balance...and she may one day have to choose which side she wants to be on. Tess also enjoys experimenting with her powers, which could easily lead to strange radiations and/or creatures from parallel dimensions interacting or escaping into ours. If there are such things as 'prison dimensions' or 'things outside space,' they might also be interested in her.

Astrid "Calypso" Moore - Elemental control of water, limited weather control. Astrid grew up in a rural fishing town in Maine. Her parents knew there was something special about her for a long time, but kept her their little secret. Living on their own land, and making a living on a boat at sea meant that Astrid had little need to conceal her powers, though she knew better than to flaunt them with strangers around. She was outed however, when her family home caught fire in a senseless and tragic accident. Coming home late from a friend's house, she saw and smelled smoke, and coming around the bend saw the fire. The firefighters battling the blaze with pumped water from a pond next to the house were stunned when the entire pond gushed into the air and roared into a column that doused the whole house...extinguishing the flames. But the damage was done. Orphaned and with the community turning ugly, her new guardian, her uncle, chose to send her to Xavier's school...both to avoid trouble himself, and because it seemed like it was the only place that would take her.
Possible Complications: Astrid is emotionally troubled by the deaths of her parents and embittered by the reactions of her former friends at her old home. Having been raised to believe her powers are gifts, she's not shy about using them, but harbors deep resentments that surface whenever she detects intolerance towards mutants. She also has a mercurial nature, quickly changing mood...and her temper, when roused, is magnificent in its fury.
Inspirations: Katara (from Avatar) and Pirates of the Caribbean. :)
GM Note: Weather control comes from manipulating water in the atmosphere, so could bring or stop rain, or snow, but not really do much with wind and so on. Limited.

Sigh. Yes. There's more. :) Just one.

Naomi Lestrade - Object mimicry. Naomi is one of the mutants brought to Xavier for her own good...not because of prejudice or fear of violence (though those have been factors in her life) but because her uncontrolled ability was a threat to herself. Shortly after she turned fifteen, Naomi's body 'destabilized.' The atoms and molecules of her body began changing slowly to mimic the properties of substances they were in 'contact' with. At first she had no control over this, and the results were nearly fatal when she accidentally turned herself to solid stone once. She eventually figured out how to turn back, but the incident was so frightening that her parents sent her to Xavier's. Naomi has learned enough control that she can usually maintain herself when she wants to, but still fears what she can do and what it means about her.
Possible Complications: Her power (and body) may not yet be completely stable, resulting in accidents ranging from trivially amusing to life threatening. Naomi has not yet adjusted to the school and keeps largely to herself. Having been raised conservatively, she's uncomfortable with mutants despite being one. Although her parents know, her friends don't, which could make things awkward.

Jemal

Adventurer
I like most of them, but I'd put Tess at the bottom of the list.. I just don't find the concept all that interesting. I'd enjoy GMing for any of the other 3, Calypso or Facade most.

Jemal

Adventurer
I think since I allready know what I'm doing with the campaign, I'm gonna post some creation guidelines (though I may be doing some edits later), and see what happens.

PL 11, but we'll be doing Creation a BIT different with the power points..
You have 25 pp for abilities, 35 pp for Combat/Saves, 20pp for SKills & Feats, and 60pp for Powers.
You also have 40 pp "free", to spend wherever you want.
This gives you a total of 180pp, but some parts of it are decided for you.
Normal PL Caps.
Tradeoffs = max 5.
I want everyone to keep in mind that you're supposed to be still learning how to control your powers completely, and they're still evolving, so drawbacks and power flaws are not only OK, they're suggested. I don't want to see Precise AoE Perception range Selective Telekinesis, for example.
This is not to say you HAVE to have flaws/drawbacks on ALL your powers, just make sense.
Also, since there's supposed to be a fair bit of roleplaying involved in this campaign, I'd like to see some roleplaying complications (romance, Friendships, Secrets, Rivalries, etc)

Finally, I will probably be making slight alterations to some of the characters that get posted, dependant on their concept/background. (Increasing or decreasing certain traits, maybe granting more PP or raising/lowering PL caps). to make for what I believe will be a better game.

Drerek

First Post
The first idea that came to my mind is Colossus. Sort of the Ultimate version, but straight since I really wouldn't be able to get a gay character right. Strong no matter what, but not impervious until he took an action to transform to organic steel. Drawback could be that the Russian mob has a contract out on his life.

#2: Cloak. Can transform into living shadow. Good scout type character. Some improved senses. Rather conservative in his outlooks. Is rather sympathetic toward mutant registration and restrictions. Puts him at odds with classmates and raises questions of divided loyalties.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases