Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Shayuri

First Post
Bahaha...I admit, I had to look up the gas to solid one. And I didn't know gas to plasma was ionization. It sort of makes sense in hindsight, but I'd never seen that term used to describe a phase transition...

Ah well.

Hey, Jemal...there's a little overlap in Calypso's power and Iceman's. He can create ice, shape it...but she can TK it around too. It'd be interesting to see how their powers interact. I expect he'd have the advantage over ice, since he's more focused...but what happens when she starts melting it? Hee.

Jemal

Adventurer
That's where you get in to the Telekinesis VS Magneto debate.
Shouldn't Jean Grey be able to just stop him from moving stuff by moving it the opposite direction?
Well, she could, but.. he's MAGNETO! Too powerful 4 her.
Also remember that Iceman's an Omega-level mutant.

Victim

First Post
Sometimes Iceman is Omega level, sometimes he trips people with little ice slicks. I think the ranking depends as much on scope as rank. IIRC, Iceman can freeze huge areas at full power - even at fairly average ranks that's a devastating ability. Magneto isn't just stronger than Jean (funny how little her codename is used) in terms of TK on metal, he has a billion tricks and add ons for his power too. The ability to control something outside one's direct perception makes a huge difference. It's the difference between Calypso needing water to do her thing, and Calypso having access to ground water everywhere she goes (or the water inside other people's bodies).

IIRC, the first X-men movie has a power contest between Jean and Magneto. She uses her TK to stop a bullet fired via Magneto (of course, that's more Deflect). He replies by controlling all the guns at the scene instead of just one.

Second chance or Ultimate Effort could make it usually difficult to negate the higher tier power with countering, thus increasing its effective level without extra ranks.

Caros

First Post
Err, just checking... But I was always under the impression that Magnito actually stopped the bullet himself. The scene was to show that even under the worst of circumstances he's not really a killer.

He comments something along the lines of "I don't think I can stop them all" In reference after her prepares to fire the other guns... a sort of "This time I am not bluffing"

Victim

First Post
Caros said:
Err, just checking... But I was always under the impression that Magnito actually stopped the bullet himself. The scene was to show that even under the worst of circumstances he's not really a killer.

He comments something along the lines of "I don't think I can stop them all" In reference after her prepares to fire the other guns... a sort of "This time I am not bluffing"

Hmm, perhaps a rewatch is in order; it's been awhile.

Jemal

Adventurer
yes, Magneto stops the bullet himself. *Puts away DVD*
personaly, I Consider Magneto himself to be Omega level.. As I reckon it, Omega's have pretty much unlimited power in their field.. Iceman can do anything with Ice, Mr Immortal CAN'T be killed (As opposed to Wolverine who 'theoretically' can, and doesn't Instant-regen), and Magneto's powers have never shown any real limits (Other than minor artistic license, and/or Magneto being tired/injured). Remember, his power isn't 'METAL', as in he can't create metal, it's MAGNETISM. (He creates and manipulates magnetic fields, and within that niche, there's nothing he can't do, including create a magetic force-field that's proven to be impenetrable to... well, anything.)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...does that mean that I can't take other powers relating to water? I was eventually planning to give her abilities relating to water in bodies...and more weather control too.

How much does not being "omega" hobble me?

drothgery

First Post
It's a little cheesy to revise Eric's actions a third time, especially after an attack roll with a natural 1, but when I looked at the rules last night it looked like Total Defense was a standard action, not a full action as I'd originally thought. So what I want him to do is Total Defense as a standard action, and then Feint as a move action (Bluff with a -5 penalty).

What I've got him doing now is attacking from a defensive stance and flubbing completely, and then Feinting as a move action; I originally had him Feinting from a Defensive Stance instead of attacking, and that won't work.

Remove ads