Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
Lobo Lurker said:
Note: This character was constructed using the cost breakdowns from Jemal's post above. I moved 10 points from attack/defense/saves to feats and spent them on attack focus and dodge focus feats.

Actually, one of the primary reasons I did the cost breakdown like I did was so people WOULDN'T do that, it's the cheap way to get them. If you still want to do that, just spend most of your "combat points" on your saves. (each save has a max of +15(45 points for 3 of them) and you only get 35 points, plus whatever you get from stats)

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
It's a bit odd to have those categories, though, considering the overlap between combat (base attack and defense) and feats (attack focus/spec, dodge focus). I guess it does encourage people to buy the more expensive types though.

Victim

First Post
Temperance Smith: a new student possessed of devastating powers of annihilation and corresponding resilence. She was raised by her survivalist/militia/conspiracy nut father; therefore she's unfamiliar with popular culture (and reflexive distrust and contempt for it), conventional education, etc. On the other hand, she's picked up other useful skills. 'Temper' falls quite short of her actual name; she's reckless and quick to anger. Her hobbies include hunting, amateur science (she's filling in a notebook with the results of her experimentation with her powers and tests of her invulnerability), and art.

Stats are done if concept looks okay.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Identity: Llorona
Place of Birth: San Diego, California
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5’8
Weight: 135 lb.
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Latino

[sblock="Description"]
Description: Miranda is a tall, latina girl with a light tan skin and a lithe athletic build. She has dark hazel colored eyes, and wavy shoulder-length raven colored hair which she to wear tends in a style reminiscent of the popular hairstyles of the 1940s and 50s. Miranda has a tendency to wear dark colored, rock-a-billy styled clothing designed to show off her body’s youthful curves in a manner reminiscent of a 1950s pin-up girl.

For all her beauty and charm, Miranda has distinguished herself as being one of the most enigmatic of the girls at Xavier Institute. When off-stage, Miranda is a rather pensive, reserved and often melancholic introvert known for her sardonic wit. However, on-stage, Miranda behaves in a bubbly, cheerful and somewhat flirtatious manor. In the past, this duality resulted in her often being mockingly referred to as “Gloomy Gloria” by her peers refused to believe that the character Gloria Hernandez was not the same girl, personality wise, as Miranda Del Flores.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Background History"]
Miranda Del Flores is youngest child of the Fernando Del Flores, the star of the nationally syndicated soap opera Besame, and his wife Sussan, a local anchorwoman for Ferret TV channel 12 in Los Angeles California. For the most part, Miranda has lived a privileged life, and as a result of her family’s fame and fortune, she was encouraged to become an actress at an early age and has managed to obtain a role as a reoccurring character named Gloria Hernadez on the hit teen drama, Heart Break High.

Unfortunately, Miranda’s her life changed the night of her Quinceanera when her mutant powers began to manifest during the rite of passage known as the first dance. At first she wasn’t sure what was occurring when she noticed that her father’s hand started passing through her own. Then the unthinkable happened, her life-control powers activated for their first time. During that brief moment, she was aware that she was inadvertently draining life of her father. She quickly let go of his hand, and in the view of the television cameras that her family hired to cover the event, her father collapsed from an unknown illness which left him bed ridden for two days.

That next day, Miranda awoke to a horrific surprise; her body had become fully insubstantial. A few hours later, after the shock of her newly revealed mutant powers died down, Miranda’s parents made the heart breaking decision to send her to the Xavier Institute, a move they believed was in Miranda’s best interest.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Character Sheet"]
La Llorona
"Are you afraid of ghosts? If not, you should be."

Abilities:
Str 11 (+0) Dex 18 (+4) Con 12 (+1) Int 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 18 (+4)

Saving Throws: Toughness +2 (+1 flatfooted), Fortitude +3, Reflexes +9, Will +4

Combat: Base Attack +3 (range +3, melee +3, grapple +3), Defense +10 (Defense 20, flatfooted 15), Initiative +4

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Bluff 5 (+9/+16), Diplomacy 2 (+6/+14) Disguise 4 (+4), Knowledge (Art) 1 (+3), Knowledge (History) 1 (+3), Knowledge (Popular Culture) 3 (+5), Language 1 (Spanish), Notice 3 (+4), Performance (Acting) 4 (+8), Performance (Dance) 8 (+12), Profession (Actor) 1 (+2), Sense motive 2 (+3), Stealth 5 (+9)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Appearance (2 Ranks), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1 Rank), Distract, Evasion, Fascination (Performance), Hide In Plain Sight, Move-by Action, Quick Change, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Wealth

Powers:
Concealment 4 [11pp] Sensory, Free Action, Personal Range, Continuous Duration; Concealment from all visual senses, PF: Close Range, Innate, Selective, Extra: Duration (Continuous), Linked to Insubstantial (+0) Flaw: Permanent

Flight 4 [8pp] Movement, Move Action (active), Personal Range, Duration: sustained; 100mph, Extra: Linked to Insubstantial (+0)

Insubstantial 4 [32pp] Alteration, Free Action, Personal Range, Duration: Sustained (materialization), Continuous (insubstantial); Affected by Electricity, PF: Innate, Selective, Subtle (x2), Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Countinous), Materialize, Flaws: Permanent)

Life Control 6 [42pp] Array (Nauseate), Standard Action, Perception Range, Duration: Instant (lasting), Drawback: Eyes give off an eerie glow while this power is used. Extras: Affects Corporeal
AP: Confuse 11 Sensory (mental), Standard Action, Ranged, Duration: Instant (lasting)
PF: Reversible, Extras: Alternate Save (Fortitude), Affects Corporeal
AP: Death Touch 10 Drain Constitution, Standard Action, Touch Range, Duration: Instant (Lasting); PF: Slow fade 6 (1 day); Extra: Effects Corporeal, Disease
AP: Emotion Control 9 Sensory (mental), Standard Action, Perception Range, Sustained Duration; Extras: Affects Corporeal , Alternate Save (Fortitude),
AP: Healing 7 Alteration, Full Action, Touch Range, Duration: Instant; PF: Stabilize, Extras: Affects Corporeal , Restoration, Total
AP: Fatigue 11 Attack, Standard Action, Touch Range, Duration: Instant; PF Reversible, Sedation, Extras: Affects Corporeal
AP: Paralyze 11 Attack, Standard Action, Touch Range, Duration: Instant (lasting); PF Reversible, Sedation, Extras: Affects Corporeal
AP: Stun 11 Attack, Standard Action, Touch Range, Duration: Instant (Lasting) PF: Reversible, Sedation, Extras: Affects Corporeal

Drawbacks: None
Trade Offs: -2 Attack/ +2 Defense
Complications: Fame

Abilities 25pp + Skills/Feats 26pp + Powers 93pp + Combat/saves 36pp – Drawbacks 0 = 180

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm, wasn't expecting THAT much of a response. Lets see...

Relique du Madde - Miranda/Llorona (Ghost)
Victim - Temper (Anhiliation/Invulnerability, Concept looks OK.
Lobo Lurker - Cynthia (Brute) or Kenny Degeorge (Wi-Fi)
Shayuri - Calypso
Hero4Hire - Primal
Insight - Spider-kid(girl)
Imerak - Multiple Concepts.. (Molly= Interesting, I love Runaways)
Drerek - Collosus or Cloak (I like Collosus)
Dayspire - Psylocke
Karl Green - Chamber, Quicksilver, Thunderbird
ShaggySpellsword - Gravitron.

11 so far, I'll look over posted character sheets after work, I only have a few minutes now (On Break) in which to post this up.

BTW, Just for the record, most students call each other by their "Mutant names". Those insisting on being called by their real name are, but are treated with mild ridicule. Those who claim they don't HAVE a mutant name are named by their 'peers', and accorded moderate ridicule.

Drerek

First Post
Jemal said:
11 so far, I'll look over posted character sheets after work, I only have a few minutes now (On Break) in which to post this up.
I'll try to get a sheet up and statted this weekend. Only have this book at home and with no SRD it makes it a little hard to work on when away. Plus I'm pretty new to M&M.

Was thinking of making him naturally strong of course with maybe a couple permanent ranks of growth. Alternate Form (solid) with ranks especially in immunity and protection.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases