Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Example:
Base damage 5, sneak attack 2, accurate attack 3.
formula 1 = (5+2)-3 = 7-3 = 4
formula 2 = (5-3)+2 = 2+2 = 4

On the surface they are the same, but once you add in PL limits the results technically should change.

For instance at PL10 (with no attack/DC trade off) the following could happen:

Formula 1 )
Damage = (10 + 0 [due to PL limit]) - 2
Damage = 8

Formula 2 )
Damage = (10 - 2) + 2
Damage = 10

I also favor the first interpretation (since it doesn't seem to be exploitative) but I wanted to make sure since I couldn't find any definitive ruling on the matter on the Atomic Think Tank.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
On the surface they are the same, but once you add in PL limits the results technically should change.

For instance at PL10 (with no attack/DC trade off) the following could happen:

Formula 1 )
Damage = (10 + 0 [due to PL limit]) - 2
Damage = 8

Formula 2 )
Damage = (10 - 2) + 2
Damage = 10

A PL 10 character with no trade off can't have +10 base damage and sneak attack (that applies to the +10 damage attack).

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
Drothgery -As Relique said, you guys just gained a power increase. :)

Okay, so other than some moving one point around here and there (because it's more cost-effective, I think I may move more of his defense to his shield device and more defense to the protection in his costume), the major change is going to be replacing his boost array with variable structure

- boost power only (4 pp/rank) - Flaw: all effects are Emotional (1 pp/rank) - Flaw: all powers are Others Only (1pp/rank) + Extra: Action to change structure impoved from standard to move action (1pp/rank) = 3 pp/rank * 12 ranks = 36 points

So I'll be able to do any 50-point version of Boost that I can think of, with a move action to change it to a different one. That should give him a lot more flexibility.

Jemal

Adventurer
Drothgery - You allready have the emotional thing as a complication, which I think makes far more sense than a power point saving flaw.

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, I'd like to point out that while I did say now would be the time for changes, that's more for people who are actually having major problems with their characters, not just for people who're wanting to 'maximize their efficiency'.

All proposed changes to your character are going to need a good (either in or out of character reason), other than "it's more effective".

OH, and Relique - Victim's last post is correct. If you're allready at your PL cap, you couldn't take sneak attack anyways.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Considering the amount of times Miranda ended up doing a Affects Others Insubstantial Power Stunt, I think the most logical thing I could spend her last freebie power point would be to obtain that ability as an alternate power. After all, the first time she tried that stunt on one person (Pyro) then on the second time she did it on two people (Calypso and Pyro) which sort of suggests that she is capable of learning that ability.

Insubstantial 4 [26pp]
AP: Insubstantial 4 (Affects Others) [25pp]:Alteration, Free Action, Personal Range, Duration: Sustained; Affected by Electricity. PF: Progression (2 Others), Extras: Affects Others

kirinke

First Post
Jemal said:
Kirinke, Regarding Your character:
Please include math on saves/attack bonus, instead of just the final result, so I know what the base is and where the totals are comign from.

the points you get for 'combat/saves' do not pay for feats that you used to increase your combat potential, those come out of your feat pool. Speaking of which, I don't see any such feats listed.
OH, and what's the +10 'electrical shield' you have listed under toughness? If that's a forcefield of some sort it should be listed under powers..

I'm going to say no to taking the luck feat. I've granted it as a bonus to a couple individuals, but the only one I remember allowing to take it was Drothgery b/c hero points (and using them for his feats) are the basis of his character.

How do Ultimate Fortitude save and Jack of all trades fit into the character concept?

As far as your powers go, I'm going to say no to Transmit, as well as not allowing Light control, Create objects, or Telekinesis as Alternate powers. You'll have to buy those seperately (And describe how they fit into your mutation)
Also, why does someone who's mutation is electrical regenerate and fly?

Also, Please state what trade-offs you'd like for your character, if any.

Well. Arc Riding is apart of the electrical alternate powers. That's why I gave her the flatform flaw, because she's using electricity to power her flight.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jemal said:
I'm going to say no to taking the luck feat. I've granted it as a bonus to a couple individuals, but the only one I remember allowing to take it was Drothgery b/c hero points (and using them for his feats) are the basis of his character.

Jemal: I have Luck feat two ranks. Didn't know it was a limited feat, so I will replace it with something else. That would help in improving my Container, as I would like to improve a little more there, to provide some alternate options instead of always impaling people.

Is that ok?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases