Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Regen KO'd is extremely problematic.

Regeneration is still bought incorrectly.

You seem to have 18 points of feats, not 16.

Escape Artist should be +7, Medicine +6, and all of her Knowledge skills are wrong.

Literacy only costs more at the GM's option, and it costs an additional skill rank, not a whole pp.

Precise doesn't quite seem like it works on a non Selective Area Attack. Similarly, Area attacks don't use attack rolls (unless you make it a targeted area), so Homing does nothing.

Electrical Absorption may be a PL cap violation - OTOH, it's extremely limited and in an array.

---------------------------------------------

Dropped a rank of luck, leaving me with 6 general points and 2 skill points. I'm not really sure what to get. With fewer HP and no Beginner's Luck, probably more skills and saves.

Right now, I'm thinking about spending 3 total points on skills and buying a point of Toughness. My defensive idea grabs +2 Will and Fort. On one hand, I can probably justify more Reflex (even she'd in theory be grabbing cover to help out, and should be punished for standing in the open). However, marginal improvements in Ref don't seem likely to produce a noticeable increase in successful saves. She could also Attack Focus and up her powers.

I could also go for something funky. Buying Sneak Attack improves her offense too and could eventually take a Not with Powers limit (I assume) so she could be surprisingly dangerous sans powers, but still not someone who should be fighting straight up. And that saves a few more points for skills/utility.

Temper's large area attack had a few points unspent that will be used to increase rank to fit the higher cap.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Well, here's my attempt at building that Variable Boost structure for Eric

Base structure: 4 pp/rank Single Power (Boost) -1 pp/rank Others Only Flaw = 3pp/rank * 12 ranks = 36 pp (that's 3 points more than his array)
Reconfiguring a variable structure takes a standard action
Each configuration can cost up to 60 pp
Known configurations
- Team speed: Boost Dex (1pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Selective (1 pp/rank) + + Total Fade (1pp/rank) * Rank 12 + Subtle Feat (1 pp)= 49 pp
- We can do this: Boost All Skills (3 pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Selective (1 pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) + Slow Fade (1 pp/rank) * Rank 8 + Subtle Feat (1 pp) = 57 pp
- Let's go all out: Boost All Powers (4pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Selective (1 pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) - Tiring Flaw (1pp/rank) = 60 pp
- You can do it: Boost All Traits (5pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) - Tiring Flaw (1pp/rank) = 60pp

kirinke

First Post
Fixed Serena Mark 2, she should be alright, though any feedback would be welcome. As for equipment, I'd like for her to have the metal-cloth disk for her to fly on as part of her costume thingie.

Victim

First Post
Why does 5 points of boost stuff cost only 4 points? It doesn't seem quite right that you can get better than 1 for 1 by restricting what type of powers are in the VE - 1 for 1 is what you'd ordinarily get for boosting.

Victim

First Post
kirinke said:
Fixed Serena Mark 2, she should be alright, though any feedback would be welcome. As for equipment, I'd like for her to have the metal-cloth disk for her to fly on as part of her costume thingie.

Your regen is still wrong. Recovery from bruised at 1/round without rest costs 3 pp. Recovery from staggered as a full action (note that when staggered, you don't have a full action) costs 4 points. However, her recovery check sucks at +1; if you want regeneration, you might to increase that.

drothgery

First Post
Victim said:
Why does 5 points of boost stuff cost only 4 points? It doesn't seem quite right that you can get better than 1 for 1 by restricting what type of powers are in the VE - 1 for 1 is what you'd ordinarily get for boosting.

I'm not at all sure I'm doing the math right on this (see Variable structues on p.113 of Ulitmate Power), but each rank of a variable structure gives you 5pp. For powers of one descriptor, it's 4 pp/rank. Since all of Eric's boost powers are Others Only, I put the flaw on the structure instead of on each individual configuration, but the math works out the same.

Victim

First Post
drothgery said:
I'm not at all sure I'm doing the math right on this (see Variable structues on p.113 of Ulitmate Power), but each rank of a variable structure gives you 5pp. For powers of one descriptor, it's 4 pp/rank. Since all of Eric's boost powers are Others Only, I put the flaw on the structure instead of on each individual configuration, but the math works out the same.

It seems weird that buying 1 power as a standalone would be more expensive than the VE which has added functionality.

kirinke

First Post
Reread the Regeneration rules, I think I did it right this time and I added a selective electrical blast attack to her electrical power array. The ball Lightning will be her area blast.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Krinke, you need to specify what your Recovery Rate is improving and by how many ranks.

Example: Regeneration 10 (Recovery +5, Bruised 3, Injured 2)

Last edited:

Remove ads