Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Okay, I've seen a few of those people before. If it were the danger room, the complaint would probably be that the computer had walked off with the files, not that they had been copied.

What seems like the hardest part to me is generating powerful anti-psi effect. If you can out psychic Prof X and Jean Grey at the same time, then beating computer security seems pretty trivial.

As an aside, what about Sentinels? Have they been deployed yet? The chronology seems offset from normal since Jean is still alive.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well as stated, I will be screwing with continuity and taking a lot of 'artistic licensing liberties"... for simplicities sake, lets call this AU... "Earth 238"

I actually stopped reading the comics in the 90's, and since then my keeping up to date has been hearing from other people, watching the various cartoons, the movies, and checking out important events on Wikipedia.

Sentinals are functional, though rare, and none of you would've ever encountered them, though you'd probably know them (Mutant children's boogey men).

That being said, practically anything can happen. I like it this way b/c it keeps people who know a lot about the story from having info the other players don't. You can assume whatever you want, but there's a good chance you'll be wrong.

kirinke

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
1). Cassandra Nova who is a genocidal maniac basically the genetic "evil" twin of Professor X.
2) Depending on the writer Mystique is able to copy retinal patterns. So she *might* have been able to break into the system... but thats a long shot.
3) Dark Beast (Beast from earth 616(?) otr which ever one the age of apocalypse happened on). He's like Himler and Beast rolled into one.
4) Malice who is a psychic (or digital) entity that possesses people.
5) Danger aka the Danger room itself (a long shot but in the comics it did become sentinent and tried to kill off the X-men).

Of course, theres always a chance of Mr. Sinister creating a clone and sending it our way or even a Skrull or two.. but no matter what, all the possibilities pretty much suck for the students.

Don't forget Morph. Um no... She's actually at 179pp. I haven't decided where to put the last PP. I'm hoping Jemal will let me take the TK as an alternate power with in game practice. ;)

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
She's PL 11 and has a +11 ranged attack thanks to +5 base attack and 6 attack focus feats. So her max rank for ranged and area powers is 11. Powers that are definite violations are in bold. Even if she advanced in PL, only the Electrical Blast becomes allowed.

Ball Lightning (ranged burst Area Damage) Rank 14
Electrical blast: Rank 13 Precise, selective, split
Dazzle: Rank 15
Drain Electricity: Rank 7
Electrical Aura: Rank 7, Selective
Electrical Stun: Rank 7, Selective, Precise
Machine Control Rank 15
Machine Animation Rank 15
Confuse rank 14 (Reversable)
Datalink rank 15 (Cyberspace)

Machine Control and Animation might be problematic too, but the formal writeups for those abilities aren't in the core book so I don't if they go against a save. Objects tend to not get saves against some effects, so it might be a big deal.

But yeah, based on your cost summaries, you do seem to have 1 pp in reserve at the moment.

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:
She's PL 11 and has a +11 ranged attack thanks to +5 base attack and 6 attack focus feats. So her max rank for ranged and area powers is 11. Powers that are definite violations are in bold. Even if she advanced in PL, only the Electrical Blast becomes allowed.

Machine Control and Animation might be problematic too, but the formal writeups for those abilities aren't in the core book so I don't if they go against a save. Objects tend to not get saves against some effects, so it might be a big deal.

But yeah, based on your cost summaries, you do seem to have 1 pp in reserve at the moment.

Ahh, hadn't realized. I'll get to correcting those.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Victim said:
I was waiting for Alisha or someone else to reply, since Sparky and Temper already had several exchanges.

Hmm.. Let me change what Miranda said alittle... that what she could include everyone in her idea of what "we should do"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases