Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal,

I have question. According to Ultimate Power a character can carry up to their heavy load while flying.

Miranda's Strength 12 gives her a Heavy Load is 130 lbs, however Miranda has a touch based telekinetic power which grants her a TK Strength of 10 with a heavy load of 100 lbs. Does this mean she could carry up to 230 lbs and be able to fly if she were able to cancel out 100 lb of weight (if it were contained in one 'bulky' object)?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
drothgery said:
Kind of got distracted...

How's this

Base structure: 36-pont power with 3 alternate powers (39 pp; costs 4pp more than current array)
Each configuration can cost up to 36 pp
configurations
- Team speed: Boost Dex (1pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Selective (1 pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) -1 pp/rank Others Only Flaw * Rank 11 + Subtle Feat (1 pp)= 34 pp
- We can do this: Boost All Skills (3 pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Selective (1 pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) + Slow Fade (1 pp/rank) -1 pp/rank Others Only Flaw * Rank 5 + Subtle Feat (1 pp) = 31 pp
- Let's go all out: Boost All Powers (4pp/rank) + Burst Area (1pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) -1 pp/rank Others Only Flaw - Tiring Flaw (1pp/rank) * Rank 9 = 36 pp
- You can do it: Boost All Traits (5pp/rank) + Total Fade (1pp/rank) - Tiring Flaw (1pp/rank) -1 pp/rank Others Only Flaw * Rank 9 = 36 pp

Other changes:
Add 4 ranks of Bluff to give 12 ranks and +17 (1pp)
Add Master Plan feat (1pp)
Add Set-Up feat (1pp)

Jemal - did you ever give okay on this? I noticed that I hadn't copied the updates over to Eric's character sheet, and I was thinking that Eric might want to give Serena a hand here.

kirinke

First Post
I seem to remember from the comics that Cebero never really spoke. I figure that Serena could speak to him via her electrical powers. What if she accidently gave him the ability to 'speak' in the real world to anyone, verbally. It seems to me that alot of what happens in cyberspace depends greatly on what one 'wants', whether subconsciously or consciously. It'd also make for some interesting RP moments too. :cool:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Kirinke, I just noticed something... Serena's powers aren't dynamic; meaning that you can't use Datalink and Machine Control at the same time. Making matter's worse, once you try to switcvh over to Machine control she'll loose all contact with the Cyborg / Cerebro.

Best case scenario is that you try to powerstunt, but then that's jemal's call on if Serena could powerstunt to gain two powers as a dynamic alternate power.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Mmm. Okay. She'll still try to shut the boy down, using whatever powers she can use with whatever Cerebro can contribute without burning her out.

Jemal

Adventurer
Kirinke -
Er, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should've been. There are two of SERENA, and Cerebro is nowhere to be seen, even in your mind. It's clear that whatever happened was CAUSED by your interaction/electrocution with Cerebro, but it's still just you (both of you)
Sry, but you're gonna have to mod your post a bit. :(

Drothgery - As I ask repeatedly in all my games, no OOC only posts in the IC thread please, that's what this place is for. I'll answer it here, though. The reasons are simply the same reason that the plane can't be stopped except by a power you guys don't have and I'm not allowing use of Hero Points: The crash is a Plot Device.

Kirinke again - Same goes for you, please don't just OOC in the IC thread.

As for Miranda, I don't think touching Sparky is a good idea, as Kirinke mentioned, she's kinda electrified right now, which happens to be the one thing that hurts you when insubstantial (your weakness). Temper's gonna bull-doze her into a seatbelt anyways, and with her nigh-impervious skin, the pain won't phase her. (Damit there's too many her's on this plane).

Speaking of Temper - No you won't have time to strap BOTH of you in, though don't worry, I'll be taking your 'rock-hard head' into account at Damage Time.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Jemal is going to great lengths to render authority figures unavailable, and then here you go trying to put them back into play.

The X-men come back from the dead anyway, so even the WCS here isn't all that bad in the long term. :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The school needs someone to baby sit all the PL 2s and 3s while we go kicking Magneto's butt and I doubt that Iceman and Gambit would stick around the school to help out the beast. Besides, we need someone to carry all our gear, and considering all the emotional baggage Scott has in the comics, I think he would be perfict for the job. :D

Remove ads