Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
Given the situation they're in, there is no choice in the matter. :)

hmm.. well, that's kinda ambiguous actually.. do you mean "we have no choice, we have to stop them, they killed people", or "We have no choice we have to go with Nightcrawler to stop them from killing more"

Victim - I figured the others managed to calm you before you gave away your location.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Heh heh.. It was kind of both.

As far as we known both Nightcrawler + "mysterious off camera man" are bad guys and we are certain that there are 2 badguys and 5 lackeys in the transport with a hostage. If we attack now, the chances of Phase being rescued are extremely slim now since Nightcrawler has us beat mobility wise. Making things worse, NC could theoretically take out our injured during the middle of the battle (via teliport + death drop).

If we follow NC and MOCM, there is always a chance that we could single them out if they are badguys then take a hostage of our own. Also, if they are leading us into a trap, at least they aren't springing it on us when are in the middle of a fight.

However, since NC was a student as at the school (as Cyclops mentioned when Miranda wasn't around), there is a chance he could have switched sides due to the student death's if Pyro's previous statements about hearing that NC is actually a decent guy are true. But even if he did, there is no guarantee that he would help us out if we attack the transport (especially if he doesn't want the badguys to know that he was about to betray them).

With that said, it's probably safer to see what NC has to offer (and then beat him up if he tries to trick us).

Also, Miranda's sense motive is +4, so there is a good chance she would fall for any of his bluffs.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
On the other hand, if Nightcrawler's interests aren't aligning with the transport group, he might not intervene on their behalf. If we attack, he isn't going to be able to use us in whatever plan he and and friend are coming up with - which might be a problem if his plan is a good idea. Since it looks like he's trying to go around someone's back, he might not want to reveal himself in the fight.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I just had a scary thought about those gunmen... did the characters get a good view of the front of their trench coats/cloaks and if it had any designs (Please say no :D)?

Jemal

Adventurer
no, but if you guess correctly, you get a cookie. :p\

Also, since it appears you guys're going along with Nightcrawler's plan, I'll be putting up an Issue 3 in the next day or so (I'm exhausted right now and have work tommorow, but It'll be ready to go soon.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Today, when I reread Jemal's last two updates it suddenly and some of it clicked in an unexpected way...

[sblock= I think Juggernaut and Cyborg-Kid might *REALLY* be working for...]The Purifiers. [/sblock]
...And I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Remove ads