Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
FIrst: I'm almost done the IC post. Should be up soon. :D

ALSO, Important News :

I've decided for simplicity to just lvl everybody up to the same power that Tess was created at with the following exceptions.

Serena - you will be gaining bonus PP that WE will spend to enhance your 'cerebro part' after I see/approve what you're spending your normal level up points on (If desired, you can also save some of your 'freebie points' for the cerebro upgrade, if you want it to be a large part of your characters development)

Spike - 5 less freebie points, 10 more ability and/or combat points.

Alchemist -PL 13, not PL 12 (Higher caps, same points).

Miranda - Depends Where you want to go with the "They killed my Best friend" drama that's unfolding.

So for most of you, the new rules ARE:
Abilities 30pp, combat/saves 40pp, skills/feats 20pp, Powers 70pp, Freebies: 40pp (PL 12, 200 pp).
please have all changes and upgrades approved by me first, but other than that feel free to tweak some.

If I've given you any bonuses in game allready (Points, extra feat, etc), please point it out and I'll probably add it on top of your current point total.

Also, there is a new Rogue's Gallery for the characters (The last was cluttered with old characters/posts).

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I just noticed I posted into the RG without approval. Sorry!

Xi'an's changes:

I dropped the full-round action it takes to use corrosion-now it is a standard action. Xi'an is tired of the kids at Xavier's being pushed around. He's given up his dedication to never kill. After all, the other side had no trouble killing Calypso. I also upped his BAB by one. My corrosion actually becomes a little weaker, (1 rank) so my trade off changes to +3 damage/-3 attack instead of 4. That said, the higher PP investment in Corrosion upps my healing--which is good since my healing is the power I've developed most in-game. I also dropped my Luck feat since my healing is no longer empathic, I don't need the hero point to keep from getting fatigued when I cure fatigue.

Any problems or suggestions?

Jemal

Adventurer
I'd prefer to keep healing powers Empathic b/c I find them to be very powerful, especially in a large group setting.

Hmm.. On second thought, I have an alternate proposal for you - Make it Heal nonlethal damage only, and drop Empathic. Nonlethal is the majority of damage you'll be facing, so it leaves it fairly useful, and means I don't have to add Incurable onto attacks whose damage I'd prefer to be lasting.

Also, note to everyone: If you could post your character sheet AND a little blurb about what you've added/changed (And why, whether it's an in or out of game reason), I'll look'em over asap. *Shaggy's is fine, though I'd prefer the rest of you post your updated sheet here first, instead of the new RG*

Finally, I've read people talking about it before, and I just wanted to clarify that I will NOT be allowing ressurection for anybody except Xi'an, as it's part of his mutation. That means no healing people from dead. I don't plan on killing any more of you (didn't plan on killing Astrid in the first place), but I won't be pulling my punches either, and I prefer death, in the unfortunate cases it does happen, to mean something - regardless of what genre I'm playing.
NOW, as is Comic-appropriate, sometimes there are ways of people coming back and/or 'informing' everyone that they weren't dead to begin with. If myself or a player comes up with such a situation/idea, and I think that's it's appropriate, then and only then will it happen.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda is not going to hold back with her drains because she's afraid that if she doesn't then someone else she cares about might fall prey to the bad guys. The problem is, by doing this she willingly is starting to tread on that fine line between seeking justice/retribution and bloodthirsty vengeance. This also leads to another dilemma since she is afraid of becoming a "boogieman" like the La Lorona from the Mexican folktales.

Miranda's Changes:
1) I increased Miranda's CON by 2 and her Fort save by +2. She's basically been trying to tinker with her own life force.
2) My feat/Skill totals was off so I fixed it and gave Miranda an additional rank of attractive (This is a side effect of boosting her constitution/metabolism).
3) I boosted Miranda's Life-Control Array to rank 6. Her Stun and Fatigue attacks are now ranged attacks. I made Miranda's healing power persistent and removed the fades flaw, but is now rank 5. Miranda's Death Touch is now deadlier (rank 11!). I dropped Miranda's "disease" drain and replaced it with a rank 5 ranged all purpose stat drain. This way she could drain from a distance and not have all her drains be lethal.
4) Miranda's TK now is rank 3 and is ranged with a Reduced range (5 increments) drawback. Her TK powers are not subtitle (at the moment).

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I have a couple problem with Mirandas at the moment.
first - Death touch, Healing touch sounds alot like Xi'an. Granted your healing is less powerful, but you're still moving in dangerously close to his domain, and you have several other powers to support yourself as well (Stun, Fatigue, Flying, TK, Invisibility, Incorporeal), wheras Xi'an is all healing touch/killing touch.

second, I'm gonna say no to the upgraded TK without some VERY good reasoning as to why. I only allowed it in the first place b/c of the touch range to overcome your not being able to touch things while incorporeal. Considering your 'life-force' mutation, I fail to see how Telekinesis has anything to do with it.

Drothgery - That's allright. Updated sheet isn't needed for the gaming until/unless you need to use one of the abilities you plan on changing. (or until combat ensues)

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I have a couple problem with Mirandas at the moment.
first - Death touch, Healing touch sounds alot like Xi'an. Granted your healing is less powerful, but you're still moving in dangerously close to his domain, and you have several other powers to support yourself as well (Stun, Fatigue, Flying, TK, Invisibility, Incorporeal), wheras Xi'an is all healing touch/killing touch.

To be fair, she's had those abilities all along and has been able to do lots of what Xi'an can do all along--plus some.

Not that I have a problem with that so much, as 15 ranks of Corrosion and Healing are both pretty powerful for me to have. Its fun. Now I might actually start using them from time to time.

I'll go change my sheet.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I could make her healing powers completely restorative or I could totally get rid of them if you like and add reversible to her drain powers.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
I'm thinking of the following changes:

[sblock]Buy Reflex +4. It's still bad for her PL, but now it's not stupidly so.

Upgrade the attack focus: ranged purchased last time into a point of full base attack.

Buy a point of base defense.
Upgrade her Vampiric Blast to +15, so many of her APs should increase in rank too.[/sblock]

That leaves 11 freebie points to round things out.

I want Endurance and Beginner's Luck.

Since Temper doesn't have a movement power, more mundane movement skills could be handy. Improving Climb and Acrobatics (I actually thought she had some Acrobatics already ?:( ) seems like a good start there. Super Movement: Sure footed also comes up in parkour tricks, but it's so terrible... I could buy Speed 1, and then never use it except to cancel speed reductions without getting any points back and it would cheaper and more effective than the super movement.

I was thinking about getting Sneak Attack that doesn't work with her powers, so she has better mundane attacks. Would that be a -1 limitation or -0 since it be over the PL cap without it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases