Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High - Page 9

What's on your mind?

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore hero4hire
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Drerek
    Colossus updated in #71. Y'all please look at it closely. This is only the 2nd M&M character I've made so there are probably some mistakes.
    I may have to back out of this one.

Drerek playing a 20 year old Colossus completely screws with my character's background.
    (It would make him a 5 year old tops!) Unfortunately I did a lot of research to find a young mutant that Marvel was doing nothing with. So I am a bit disheartened trying to think of something else. :\ (This is not to say I think Drerek shouldn't play Colossus! I just cant do the concept now.)

~H4H
    http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Filo_d%27Jorasco_(Hero4Hire)

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore drothgery
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Jemal
    Also

Drothgery - Paragon(Eric Hassel) *Hmm, I think 'paragon' might be a good name.. it means "peerless", it's basically the best example of something*
    Well, I've got him statted out now, assuming I didn't screw anything up. He's got a lot of Luck because he's got multiple feats that run on Hero points, and that seems like the only way to build up a supply.
    Dave Rothgery

PBP
    Spoiler:

My EnWorld Blog
    Republic and Empire
    Buffverse M&M game

Characters
    Active
    Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar in S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Inactive
    Istara Kandorian in Ankh-Morpork Guard's Star Wars: Rebels with Style
    Eric Hassel (Quarterback) in Jemal's Mutant High
    Sariel in Rumspringa's Keep on the Shadowfell
    Khalia ir'Indari in DEFCON1's Eye of the Lich Queen
    Serrana Vao in Karl Green's Knights of the Old Republic (with 213 things Serrana can't do in the Jedi Order)
    Italimelk in Living ENWorld
    Daellin ir'Ayellan in stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    drothgery's Victorian Eberron game
    Star Wars/KotOR Era - The Second K'ril Incursion

Quote Originally Posted by hero4hire
    I may have to back out of this one.

Drerek playing a 20 year old Colossus completely screws with my character's background.
    (It would make him a 5 year old tops!) Unfortunately I did a lot of research to find a young mutant that Marvel was doing nothing with. So I am a bit disheartened trying to think of something else. :\ (This is not to say I think Drerek shouldn't play Colossus! I just cant do the concept now.)

~H4H
    Perhaps your character had a secondary mutation to grow at an incredible rate (or it's some effect of the savage land). Awkwardness ensues.
    "I'd like to shake the hand of the genius who invented that - just the hand, after it's been cut off from the now screaming man."

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Milagroso
    Jemal, can I be younger then 14? How much younger?
    The freebie points, can I spend them in any area, even the ones you previously stated we could not spend more then a certain amount on, or is there some other category I haven't learned about yet?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, I reread it and found I can put them anywhere. As for age, its no big deal. I can start her up at 14.

I don't think I can do Medea though. She isn't a mutant, really. She was a studier and practitioner of arcane magic. Her power comes from years of intensive study and training, with a fair bit of natural aptitude. Nothing super human about it I think.
    Last edited by Milagroso; Sunday, 12th August, 2007 at 08:32 AM.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Relique du Madde
    My communities:

Relique - I thought I saw an 'invisibility' power in the Ultimate Powers book, maybe that would work better?
    Hmm... it's basically a write up of the concealment (visual) power which basically eliminates the need of saying you have 2 or 4 ranks of concealment. The funny thing is that I never noticed that power even though I bookmarked that page.

Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    M&MGygax Memorial Fund

Ignore Jemal
    Hero4Hire - Well, there's time travel. Or the savage lands moving at a differnt time speed.. Or maybe Colosus got caught in suspended animation for the last decade and a half..
    Don't give up, this is a COMIC BOOK GAME, look for ways around silly things like logic.

Milagroso - I'd prefer not too young.. I wanted to keep the characters in their teens.. I WILL allow slightly younger or older if the concept is REALLY good. (Colosus being 20 for example is ok, as that's still 'young enough' for me.)
    As for medea - Have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch? She's a mutant.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

ShaggySpellsword (Desert Ghost)
    shaggy
    I take it that means you don't feel like doign Gravitron anymore?
    Jemal
    That's exactly what it means. I couldn't figure out a good way to get Graviton's powers with-in your creation system that I could wrap my head around without giving him MORE control over his gravity manipulation than he had before--he was a character with very cheap powers. I was always fascinated with X-men 2099 and I thought it would be fun to see how the 2099 version of Professor X would act if he were a direct follower of the X-men, not some guy who learned about them in a vision and decided to restart them. Also he has the added fun of dealing with his very lethal power in a world were X-men who aren't Wolverine don't kill people and the emotional baggage of having killed people in the past.

Of course, as X-men don't generally kill people, should I write-up his non-lethality code as a complication?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Milagroso
    Milagroso - I'd prefer not too young.. I wanted to keep the characters in their teens.. I WILL allow slightly younger or older if the concept is REALLY good. (Colosus being 20 for example is ok, as that's still 'young enough' for me.)
    As for medea - Have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch? She's a mutant.
    True. However Medea's concept precluded her from being a mutant. Making her a mutant would be a change to the concept, I can live with that. I'm just debating if the character will get angry or not, materialize, and then kill me in my sleep.

Hero4Hire - Well, there's time travel. Or the savage lands moving at a differnt time speed.. Or maybe Colosus got caught in suspended animation for the last decade and a half..
    Don't give up, this is a COMIC BOOK GAME, look for ways around silly things like logic.
    Or you could just say that Colossus ain't his daddy. Some other super could be it.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Relique du Madde
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Milagroso
    True. However Medea's concept precluded her from being a mutant. Making her a mutant would be a change to the concept, I can live with that. I'm just debating if the character will get angry or not, materialize, and then kill me in my sleep.
    Retconns happen to the best of characters. I'm pretty sure you will be safe considering none of Marvell's or DC's writers have died mysteriously after pressing a serie's reset button.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast