When you're an "evil" person, what non-evil term do you use to describe yourself?

Driddle

First Post
It's all a matter of perspective. ... Good people can usually identify someone else as being evil or acting in an evil manner, but those same evil-doers rarely ever consider themselves by the same label -- admittedly selfish or self-serving, perhaps, or merely misunderstood. But those who do evil usually believe they are motivated by their own good motives. Not evil.

So let's say you've got a party of D&D classically defined "evil" characters. Someone in their group casts an alignment revelation spell. ... How do they perceive or interpret the information about themselves?

Stormborn

Explorer
Practical (ends justify the means after all)
Focused (without the distraciton of thinking about others)
Smart (as opposed to the stupid people who sacrifice themselves for others)
Driven (may occasionally have moments of regret at doing what it takes to get what he wants, but not usually)

Most likely they will see the distinctions of good and evil as relevant and situational and will simply define good as "what's best for me."

Black_Swan

First Post
This is exactly what they say...

Master Betty: I have been called bad before. Many have said I do things that are not correct to do. I don't believe in talk such as this. I am nice man, with happy feelings. All of the time. First, a joke. What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee chord? My @ss. Nyah, haha, haha, haha, ENOUGH.

-Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

Insight

Adventurer
EDIT: Removed obvious political content in place of less obviousness...

It is very easy to find examples of this in the real world. We have many, many examples of pure, unmitigated evil in our world, and it's not hard to find. We have world leaders with no compunctions against exploiting their power for personal benefit. Of course, these same people would not refer to themselves (even in private) as "evil".

Look at how these world leaders refer to themselves, or better, how biased media sources refer to them. Driven, focused, visionary, passionate, dutiful, unwavering, a proven leader, and so forth.

Last edited:

Brazeku

First Post
Now now, it's possible to have an evil idealist as well. "I want to save animals so I'll release them and blow up this testing facility".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases