Anyone else use Obsidian Portal?

Tharian

First Post
I've not used Obsidian Portal. Never even heard of it prior to your post. Since my campaign is currently on indefinite hiatus, I doubt I'd have need to make use of it, but after a glance through the sections, it seemed pretty decent for setting up a future campaign. It would save me from having to try to do everything by hand and making sure it all fits in the rather small space allotted by my ISP.

Based on your question, I get the impression you've tried it for your own game. What are your thoughts on it?

Randolpho

First Post
Tharian said:
I've not used Obsidian Portal. Never even heard of it prior to your post. Since my campaign is currently on indefinite hiatus, I doubt I'd have need to make use of it, but after a glance through the sections, it seemed pretty decent for setting up a future campaign. It would save me from having to try to do everything by hand and making sure it all fits in the rather small space allotted by my ISP.

Based on your question, I get the impression you've tried it for your own game. What are your thoughts on it?
Yeah, I've got a link to it in my .sig. It's still under construction, but coming along nicely.

I like it. I could easily get a free wiki from some place like wetpaint, but what I like about Obsidian is the organization towards gaming. Creating a campaign gets you a party wiki editable only by the GM and the players (great for the campaign gazetteer, post-session discussion, posting house rules, and the like), an adventure log (great for story hours), a DM wiki visible to and editable by only the GM (great for storing your secret notes--muhahahahahah!), and an NPC tracker so your players don't forget whom they've seen. Plus tons of RSS feeds so you can track changes, and a bunch of other campaigns in the same location for stealing ideas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases