Jemal's Personal Super-hero Thread

Jemal

Adventurer
*EDIT: Feel free to post comments, if there are any relevant ones*

Well, I've seen others do it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I recently (About a month & a half ago) obtained Mutants & Masterminds. Since then I've joined 3 M&M games on here and started one of my own.
Unfortunately, it's not enough.. I'm flying through concepts in my head, and by the time I get to a game, I've already revolved through a few of them and I can't remember'em.
SO, whenever I get a concept, I'm going to post it to this thread, editing the main post, and I'll add the characters themselves as new posts when I make them.
That way, I can just refer to this thread whenever A new game comes up or I need a quick NPC for something.

For simplicity's sake, MOST of them will be PL 10 150 PP (As I seem to be getting that's the standard starting point).

In games:
Optic - Mutant with many eye-based powers (Lasers/sight enhancement) and slightly enhanced physical/mental traits. Currently in "Superheros of the Trust" PBP
Rumble - Mysterious superhero with Amnesia. Super strong, Super Tough, able to fly and control Vibrations. Currently in "Time of Vengeance" PBP
Wolverine - Remake of the classic X-man for the "1889 Avengers" PBP.

In my head:
*Dar Elzmyr - A D&D-styled Force-Mage transported from an alternate dimension who becomes a super hero.
*Jemal - An ancient Vampire who gets a second chance when fate combines his soul with that of a modern man. During the night he is a crime-fighting Vampire, but come sun-up he reverts to a normal person. Dual-personality, though they can converse with each other mentally. Some of the vampire's power has rubbed off onto the host, making him slightly stronger and more resilient than usual, though nowhere near as powerful as when the sun sets.
*Joey Jinx - Wherever he goes, weird stuff seems to happen, and the rules of probability stop working correctly. Luck Control/Probability Control(maybe Uncontrollable/Unreliable).
*Bobby Blast - Military man who finds a VERY special gun.. A gun that can do just about anything you'd imagine a gun(normal OR sci-fi) doing. Also very highly skilled & Trained in combat.
And...[sblock=The Gamer]HE was a video game wizard.. He beat all the records, kicked peoples butts, and quite literally played video games for a living, winning tournaments for money.
SHE was obsessed.. Obsessed with proving that a girl gamer could beat the guys at their "own games" (Pardon the pun) no matter what.

And so it was that fateful day when the two of them.. The best gamers in the world... went head to head at the worlds largest Video Game Tournament... the World Championships of Video Games, ranging across nearly a dozen systems, two decades of games, and a over a thousand contestants. Finally, it was just the two of them, in a best of seven video games extravaganza.
She took Tetris, Pokemon, and Mortal Kombat, He whipped her good in Megaman, Street Fighter, and Mario. Then it came down to the final battle... No holds barred "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS". During the hours of video games, nobody had noticed the intense storm brewing outside... But they would soon. Halfway through the final match, a massive bolt of lightning struck the building, sending a great surge through the systems. These two were both blown away from the TV as it exploded, showering them in sparks.
When they awoke, they discovered that they had developed a power.. They could harness.. Actually BECOME... the video game characters they had spent their lives playing.
SHE was not pleased. Not only had SHE failed to prove that SHE was superior by defeating HIM, SHE and HE were BOTH now super-powered, and SHE felt that HE did not deserve it. Thus began HER life of crime. HIS destiny was decided at that moment, too. For with great power... Oh wait, that one's taken... Anyways, HE figured that if HE can become all these HEROES.. why not actually BE a Hero.

Thus was born THE GAMER. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic from the "Superheros of the Trust" PBP

OPTIC, aka Jack Carson.
PL 11

Abilities:
STR 16 (+3)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 18 (+4)
INT 18 (+4)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 14 (+2)

Combat : Defense + 8; Attack: +6 Eye Laser(+10 W/Visor), +6 Martial Arts(+ 10 W/Gloves); Initiative: +10

Saves: Toughness + 6 (+ 14 in suit); Fort + 8(4+4con); Reflex + 8(6+2dex); Will + 8(5+3Wis)

Skills : Bluff(+16/14), Computers(+16/12), Diplomacy(+16/14), Disguise(+12/0), Gather Information(+16/14), Notice(+16/13), Knowledge: Business(+9/4), Sense motive(+16/13), Knowledges(+5/0)
*Situational: Diplomacy Check for favours(Connected), Gather Info in 1 minute(Contacts), Gather Info auto-check first time meeting new group/individual(Well Informed); +4 Remembering (Eidetic Memory); All skills considered Trained (Jack of All Trades)

Feats: Assessment, BenefitX3 (Status&Wealth - Vice President of Op-Tec, Knowledgable-+1 Knowledge checks), Connected, Contacts, Dodge FocusX8, Eidetic Memory, Jack of All Trades, Precise Shot, Uncanny Dodge(Sight), Well Informed.

Powers:
Blast 8 (22 pts) - Eye lasers, AccurateX3, Precise, Alternate Power: Heat Vision(heat damage blast), Alternate Power: Datalink(Visual, Machine control)
Strike 3 (7 pts) - Martial Arts, Mighty, AccurateX3
Protection 2 (2 pts)
Device 5 (Hard to take away, 20 pts) - High-tech Supersuit/Power Gloves :
-X- Morph 2 (4 pts) - Any Human (+10 disguise)
-X- Protection 8 (8 pts)
-X- Feats(5 pt): Quick ChangeX2(Suit stored in belt, expands and covers), Improved InitiativeX2, Evasion
-X- Enhanced Strike 6 (8 pts), AccurateX2
Device 4 (Disarmable, 12 pts) - Visor:
-X- Super Senses 10 (9 pts) - True Sight Limited: Can't Detect Hidden.
-X- Enhanced Blast 4 (10 pts), AccurateX2
-X- Datalink AP: Radio Sense (1 pt)
Super Senses 14 (10 pts) - Analytical(Sight), Radius(Sight), Extended(sight, Radio), Radio, Accurate(Radio), Danger Sense(Sight), Darkvision(noticeable eye glow), Time Sense, Microscopic Vision(DNA, Distracting, noticeable eye glow), X-ray Vision(not gold, Distracting)
Speed 1 (1 Pt) : 10 MpH walking speed
Regeneration 3 (3 Pts) : Bruised 3 (1/round, no action).

Drawbacks: Weak Point (1), Vulnerable: Sonic damage [Moderate Intensity, Uncommon frequency](3 pts)
Trade-offs: -3 Def/+3 Tough, -1 Atk/+1 Save DC
COST: Abilities 36+ Skills 21(84 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 77 + Saves 15 -4 drawbacks = 164/165

[sblock=bio]The 28 year old Jack Carson is near the peak of human perfection.. Strong, fast, healthy, smart, charming. He's a well-known, respected, and admired businessman with contacts everywhere, The vice president of Op-Tec, a company that specializes in fiber-optics and computer technology, specifically with regards to Military contracts. He has been involved in numerous athletic competitions. He's also not entirely Human... Jack Carson is, in his off-time, the mutant super-hero known as Optic.
Optic has been fighting crime in one form or another for over a decade. He's a 2nd generation mutant and super hero, son of Bendy-Girl(Deceased) and a computer technician named William Carson(Retired Businessman, founder of Op-Tec). With his current status and contacts in the company his father built, he was able to gain access to an experimental super-suit of very light-weight material, and a custom-made visor which enhances his allready impressive array of eye powers. For the past several years, he's been splitting his time between helping to run the company alongside his older sister (Claren, no known mutation) and using a combination of his skills, mutant super powers, and enhanced technology to fight terrorists, super-villains, and general all-around bad guys. Recently he has become rather depressed by the apparent abundance of badguys and lack of organization amongst the few super-heroes that are known. There has to be some way of contacting the other Heroes, but he's been unable to do so yet. There's something he isn't just seeing, and for someone who sees as much as Jack, that is the most frustrating thing of them all... This was the mood he was in when he got home from a late night, tossing his visor on the table in front of him, he lay on the couch and absently turned on the TV, willing to let the ambient noise send him off to sleep... But the TV seemed to be mirroring his thoughts, and as he sat up after changing the channel several times, trying to find a station that WASN'T giving him bad news, he received the message. He didn't bother writing down the license plate, his memory had always been good... "photographic" he always liked joking, and he pictured the van in his mind, exactly as he knew it would look. He'd recognize it. And he'd be there. This was exactly what Jack Carson.. no, what OPTIC, was born for.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Rumble from the "Time for Vengeance" PBP

RUMBLE
STR: 30(+10)*18 Before Density* (Effective 60 for lifting)
DEX: 10(+0)
CON: 30(+10)
INT: 10(+0)
WIS: 10(+0)
CHA: 10(+0)

Defense: 16(+4 base + 2 Dodge)
Attack: +6 base (+10 Melee, +10 Shockwave)
Grapple: +22 (6 base +10 STR + 6 SuperStrength)
Saves :
Tough: +14 (Impervious: 10 vs energy, 14 vs physical) (Reflective: Physical)
Fort +10(10con) Ref +5(5) Will +5(5)
Init : +0
Speed: 100'/round, 10 MpH (Flight), 100'/round, 10 Mph(Burrowing)
Knockback: 16

Skills:

Feats: Attack specialization: Shockwave 2, Attack Focus:Melee 4, Dodge Focus 2

Powers:
*Density 6 [Continuous/Permanent, Innate(1)] (19pp)
*+12 Str, +3 Impervious Toughness, +2 Immovable, +2 Super-Strength, 6' Tall, 1000 Lbs]
Enhanced Super-Strength 4 [on top of density's 2 = 6] (8pp)
Feature: Partial Levitation [subconscoiusly uses his flight to dampen his weight when walking, so he doesn't damage floors/sidewalks. (Continuous)] (1pp)
Protection 1 [Impervious+11, Limited:physical(4); Reflective+14, Physical] (24pp)
Flight 1 [10 Mph; Limited - Not in Vacuum or Water(-1)] (1pp)

Vibration Control 10 (22 pp + 5 Alt Powers = 27 pp)
MAIN : Earthquake [Vibration Control 10, Area:Burst, Duration: Concentration, Touch Range, Progress Area (10'/rank), Indirect (From Ground)] *Limited: contact with solid surface. (ground, building, etc).
AP: Shockwave [Vibration Control 10, normal blast]
AP: Crumble [Corrossion 10, Limited: Objects]
AP: Stun 10
AP: Trip 10
AP: Vibratory Attunement [Super-Movement(Sure-Footed 4, Water-Walking 1, Affects Others); Super-Senses (Tremorsense, Echolocation); Burrowing 4 (Ranged)]

Trade-offs: -4 Def, +4 Toughness
28 Abilities + 10 Saves + 8 Feats + 20 Combat + 80 Powers = 146/150pp
4pp left

[sblock=bio]His true past and Origin are a mystery - Even to himself. He can't remember anything earlier than about 10 years ago, during his teens. He remembers waking up one morning in a ditch, not remembering anything, and seeing blown up vehicles all around. There was some sort of monster lurching down the high way, throwing cars left and right. Someone had to stop it, and at that moment, the earth started shaking, and Rumble knew that he was that Someone.

[sblock=background possibilities]
#1 : He's an Alien from a high-gravity, high-density world. His species are all very big, dense, strong, and can fly. THe vibration power was something strange in him.. like a mutation for a human.
#2 : Second Generation Super-Hero. He has some aspects of both of his parents (Flight/Strength), as well as powers of his own.(The Vibrations)

Either way, Rumble wouldn't know any of this, of course, since he woke up dazed and fighting a monster one day. When I decide on one of the backgrounds I'll flesh it out a bit more [/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Wolverine from the "Marvel Avengers 1889" PBP

[size=+3]Wolverine[/size]
AKA James Logan. PL 8

Abilities:
STR 14(10 natural) (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 26 (+8)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 10 (+0)
(24pp)

Combat : Defense 16, Attack +6 Base/ +8 Strike (5 damage Unarmed/8 damage Penetrating Claws)
Grapple: +10(+6 atk + 2 str + 2 SuperStrength)
Initiative: +10
Saves: Toughness +10 (2 Protection+8 Con) , Fort +10 (2+8 Con) , Reflex +8 (6+2Dex) , Will +10 (8+2Wis)

Skills(+total/Ranks): Acrobatics(+6/4), Intimidate(+12/12), Languages(6), Notice(+14/12), Sense Motive(+10/8), Stealth(+12/10), Survival(+10/8)

Feats: Dodge FocusX6, EnduranceX2(+16 check), Environmental Adaptation: Winter/Cold, Fearless, Improved Critical(Claws), Improved InitiativeX2, Power Attack, RageX2(10 round duration)

Powers:
-MUTANT/Training-
Strike Rank 3 (5 Pts): Martial Arts, Mighty, Accurate
Feature Rank 1 (1pt): Fastball Special - When Wolverine is thrown by a character with Str 28+ (for lifting purposes) as part of a teamwork/Aid Another action, he makes a charge attack (using the Team-mates Throwing distance in place of his normal charging distance) with a +2 to damage on the attack roll (this can break PL limits).
Protection Rank 1 (1 Pt)
Immunity Rank 2 (2 Pts) : Aging 1, Disease 1
Regeneration Rank 30 (32 Pts): Bruised 3(no action), Unconscious 1(1 Round), Injured 6(no action), Staggered 5(1 action), Disabled 6(1 round), Ressurection 7(1 Minute), Ability Damage 1(5 hour), +1 Recovery Check(Auto-Succeed)
-X- Power Feats:persistant, Regrowth
Super Senses Rank 9 (9 Pts): Accurate(Scent), Acute(Scent), Extended(Auditory, Scent), Tracking(2 ranks), Danger Sense(Scent), Low-Light Vision.

-Adamantine Skeletal Structure-
Density Rank 2 (5 pts): [Str+4, Protection+1, Weight: 300 Lbs], (Permanent; Drawback -1: Not Impervious).
Immunity Rank 1 (1pt): Severed/broken Limbs
Enhanced Strike Rank 3 (5 Pts): Claws, Penetrating(3), Full Power(-1)
Super Movement Rank 4 (2 Pts): Wall Crawling, Slow Fall (Both Limited: Uses Claws/damages object -1)
Super Strength Rank 2 (4 Pts): Carrying capacity 233 light load/466Med/700Heavy(overhead)

Languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota

Complications: Honour-Code(Bushido), Enemies(Numerous, some of which Wolverine doesn't even remember)
Drawbacks: Amnesia(Uncommon, Minor 1 pt), Claws cannot deal Nonlethal Damage. (1 pt)
Tradeoffs: -2Defense/+2Toughness

COST: Abilities 24 + Skills 15(60 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 68 + 16 Saves + 12 Combat - 2 drawbacks = 149/150

[sblock=BIO]
wolverine5.gif

Height:5 ft. 3 in.
Weight: (without adamantium skeleton) 200 lbs., (with adamantium skeleton) 300 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

The original Wolverine background fits almost perfectly, but move his birthdate back a hundred years to 1780.. He can't remember much of anything of his past.. He worked at a mine for a few years with his cousin, then started travelling. travelled across Asia and Europe, ended up getting captured by *Insert Mad Scientist/Magician here* and experimented on, transmuting his skeleton into Adamantium, which he survived only because of his extensive healing factor. The trauma of that experience caused him to forget much of his 'travels', as his healing factor kicked in once again, 'scabbing' his memories to prevent him from going insane, and leaving him in the wilderness living like an animal, which is where the avengers discovered him and brought him back to civilization, rehabilitating him and awakening some of his (less painful) memories, restoring him to a modicum of civilized behaviour, though he's still considered VERY unsophisticated and sometimes downright rude.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads