Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk - got it!

catsclaw227

First Post
I got my copy of EttRoG on Friday, and I must say that I really LOVE this book. It's the best of the "Expedition..." series so far, and possible one of WOTC's best in a long time.

I like the way the book was organized, though it is a crossover between a delve format and a traditional format. A nice mix. It leaves a lot of room for the DM to add sections of the Ruins, and the adventure is fairly open.

But it was the style, the writing, the homage to the old feel of Greyhawk that really did it for me.

Because it was done by a lot of Paizo guys, it has the quality of an exceptional Dungeon adventure, and these guys really are Greyhawk experts.

Thumbs up guys! I just wish I was able to get this one signed!

Agamon

Adventurer
Cool. I had kinda given up hope on the Expeditions as they seem to have gotten worse and worse with each release. Being an old-skool Greyhawker, I'll have to check it out.

kaomera

Explorer
You know they had me at "Greyhawk", but looking through a fiend's copy (even tho I only got a glance, really) I was really impressed with what I saw. I'm wanting a copy, a lot, I'm just left wondering how I can spin this style of adventure to my players... I don't even really like prolonged dungeon-crawling as a DM anymore, but I know I'm just gonna have to run it...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
kaomera said:
You know they had me at "Greyhawk", but looking through a fiend's copy (even tho I only got a glance, really) I was really impressed with what I saw. I'm wanting a copy, a lot, I'm just left wondering how I can spin this style of adventure to my players... I don't even really like prolonged dungeon-crawling as a DM anymore, but I know I'm just gonna have to run it...

Was that a nalfeshnee that had it? How much of your soul did you have to sell? :p

(My bold above. I know, I shouldn't pick on typos, but I just can't resist this one. :heh: )

Imruphel

First Post
Are the maps complete?

I only ask because the Undermountain maps stopped short in quite a few places (arghhh... how I regret wasting my money on that product) and I'm hoping this one doesn't have that problem.

kaomera

Explorer
freyar said:
Was that a nalfeshnee that had it? How much of your soul did you have to sell? :p

(My bold above. I know, I shouldn't pick on typos, but I just can't resist this one. :heh: )
:p Who says it was a typo!

Imruphel said:
Are the maps complete?
As I said before, I didn't really give it a complete lookthrough, but the maps I saw where complete and seemed good... Mind you, there where not maps of each and every level (that I saw) in their entirety. There's just too much ground to cover... But IMHO it looked good, mapwise.

Greg V

First Post
I stopped at my FLGS on Friday (that's Fiendish Local Gaming Store, in case you were wondering) and they had the audacity to not sell me a copy. They told me that they hadn't received it in yet, and swore that there were not copies stored in the back. Of course, they are fiends so I have my doubts as to their veracity.

I really need this before Gen Con so I can collect some autographs, so I'm bringing in the heavy guns. I'll be heading back again on Monday with a holy axiomatic Discover Card to see if they can resist my exalted might.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Questions:

1) How much takes place in the Free City?

2) Is this similar to EtUndermountain in that it's missions to locations within the ruins, or is it much more of a standard dungeon crawl?

3) What iconics appear in the adventure and what sort of role, generally, do they have?

4) Any new/new-to-this-edition crunch?

Remove ads