Some help with PC #3

Wik

First Post
Alright. So I was thinking of making my 3rd LEB PC, and I'm trying to figure out exactly which way to go.

First off, I don't want to play an expert-type character - my other LEB characters are already rogue variants (Brelach is a spellthief, Khoros is a Shifter), and I have a rogue in LEW.

I was thinking a support character, because they seem to be in short supply over here, and I love being popular. A few ideas I've been tossing around:

1) A bardic character, but one built towards being a blaster. I was hoping to get some stuff from Complete Mage voted in, so I could (thereotically) build towards Lyric Thaumaturgist. There's a feat in Dragon Magic that would be good for an aggressive bard, too.

2) A Dragon Shaman from Seren. I was thinking a character based around creating ambushes could be kind of fun. Plus, I don't think we have a DS in LEB yet.

3) A Cleric or druid character. I don't really like Clerics in Eberron (I don't really like the Religion of the setting), but I think a "Father Mulcahy" type PC might be sort of fun. As for druids - I used to really love druids, but these days, they're kind of low on my priority list. However, I do like what Eberron has done for druids, so it's an option...

4) Fill in the blank here.

I'm open to any pointers on character motivations, and what could be fun to build. Also, if anyone wants in, I wouldn't mind building a character that starts off connected to another PC (allies, associates, siblings, whatever).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bards in Eb tend to be spies and inquisitives, blaster would be a different variant.

Archivists make a good support character, but we have two active.

A DS would juggle things up. We have to other Seren origin PCs, though one is inactive (Arvin, the other one, is in the adventure we share).

A Father Mulcahy after the War sort of priest would work well in the setting; a tired vetran favored of Olladra that saw too many friends die or get broken. Alternatively, a similar flavor could work with a War weary halfling of Jorasco which could be a bard or other non-cleric class.

Wik

First Post
Jorasco healing bard... could be a neat build. Gonna have to check it out.

Now, is anyone making a new character that wants to have a backstory tied to Wik#3?

IcyCool

First Post
Wik said:
Jorasco healing bard... could be a neat build. Gonna have to check it out.

Now, is anyone making a new character that wants to have a backstory tied to Wik#3?

The 7th sea campaign that I'm running is going to be wrapping up here next weekend, so I'm going to have the time to put together and play my 2nd and 3rd level characters for LEB. My 3rd level slot is going to be Crackbeak, the Kenku Wizard (he's a wee bit crazy, and far too fascinated with death and the dead). And my 2nd level character is going to be Ehran d'Lyrandar (just Ehran these days), a former Lyrandar sailor (air and sea), who has become a Greensinger Initiate (so he'll be a Rogue/Druid) and has a serious hate on for some of his former house (with some good reasons).

If either sounds fun to you, let me know.

Edit - There is always the possibility of tying your new character to my existing LEB, Guardian, if that interests you.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
IcyCool said:
The 7th sea campaign that I'm running is going to be wrapping up here next weekend, so I'm going to have the time to put together and play my 2nd and 3rd level characters for LEB. My 3rd level slot is going to be Crackbeak, the Kenku Wizard (he's a wee bit crazy, and far too fascinated with death and the dead). And my 2nd level character is going to be Ehran d'Lyrandar (just Ehran these days), a former Lyrandar sailor (air and sea), who has become a Greensinger Initiate (so he'll be a Rogue/Druid) and has a serious hate on for some of his former house (with some good reasons).

If either sounds fun to you, let me know.

Edit - There is always the possibility of tying your new character to my existing LEB, Guardian, if that interests you.

Hm. I'm thinking of a halfling healing bard who has wandered much of the land - perhaps aboard an airship. Maybe he could have been the ship's doctor, or something similar?

I'm thinking the halfling specializes in heals, buffs, and generally beneficial spells, although I think he's probably become a bit soured with the world as a result of all the hurt he has seen in the past five years.

Bront

The man with the probe
I've always wanted to do a Halfling Dino-rider. Ranger would probably be best as you could use it as an animal companion.

I'd avoid the Bard. They have some helpful feats in Eberron, but are still a little too utilitarian.

I agree with religion being a bit dull, which is why I made my own up for my Valenar Elf Priestess. Combine reenacting/emulating an ancestor with religion about said ancestor, and you can have all kinds of fun.

A Kalashtar healer of some kind might be fun, an Egoist I think can eventualy heal others. Or even a kalashtar cleric of the Path of light.

Spirit Shamens can be a twist on a standard druid.

Just some ideas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases