[Podcast] The Gamer Traveler Podcast #7 - Amsterdam, Netherlands

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
[imager]http://highmoonmedia.com/tgt/wp-content/themes/travelogue-2/images/tgt_main_144.jpg[/imager]Episode 07 of The Gamer Traveler Podcast is now available.

In this episode, we visit Amsterdam, capital city of the Netherlands. We explore the city from the ground, checking out various locations across the central section of the city, and look at various ways to incorporate the city into games, from the Golden Age during the Renaissance, all the way to modern times.
Fourth and final part of a series exploring the Benelux region, and end of Season 1 of The Gamer Traveler.

Be sure to check out the forums and check out the both winners of the "Gaming & Travel Stories" contest, each winning a $30 gift certificate to Geeklabel.com.

Listen to it on the web or subscribe with your podcatcher.

Also, be sure to check out past episodes on Delft, Brugge, Brussels, Rothenburg, Ireland and Warwick Castle, as well as a Special Episode on the cancellation of Dragon and Dungeon Magazines.

Last edited:

FraserRonald

Explorer
Another excellent podcast, Daniel. You really made my trip home from work enjoyable--and that's saying a lot.

On my backpacking trip through Europe I actually missed Amsterdam. Unbelievable, eh? Long story to that. Now I actually feel like I've kind of been there.

Looking forward to Season 2!

SOS Mike

First Post
Hal, maybe it's just me but when I listen to the podcast right on the website, or in the "play in a pop-up" option, it plays superfast and makes you sound like Chip. Or Dale. Not sure which one. I haven't downloaded it for my iPod yet, so can't say if I'll experience the same problem, but I figured since I was listening to it on a Mac to begin with it should've sounded fine.

Anyone else experience that?

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Argh. Thanks for letting me know that. I need to reconfigure the file for the correct bit rate. I'm leaving for Gen Con now, so I won't be able to do it till I get back, though; I will take off the on-site play option until then. In the meantime, please download it as it will play just fine on iTunes or any other desktop media player or digital music player. Or check back next Tuesday.

Edit: I just checked the on-site player and it plays fine for me, but the bit rate is double what it should be, which is why it will sound like the Chipmunks on some computers. Anyway, by Tuesday.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases