Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Trouvere

Explorer
As Ruud passes her, and she is left alone with Ciprinus, Taelythenihel wavers. "Choose quickly between the dog and the snake," she says, turning to follow the gnome back to the wagons. "If one has the companionship of a creature that might pose a danger, and that inspires fear and loathing in many, one should be certain of its behaviour and activities at all times. Come along, Ossa."

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Drerek]Drerek, can you please indicate which spells Ruud has prepared for the day? Perhaps an sblock at the bottom of your posts would do the trick. Thanks. :cool: [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Be silent mage! I do not need you advice in how to treat my companion. He is not my slave, ergo he can do what he wants. If you wouldn't get this far to eat, nothing of this will be happening." replies Ciprinus, angry at some point.
Then he turns to Carpio, and tries to pull him away from the river side, into the trees.
OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1233087 +5 = 24
Do I have any bonus in the roll for making it to my animal companion?

Trouvere

Explorer
"I do not believe that to be true. Without my presence, the dog would have returned to its offspring and found Carpio here just the same. You owe me thanks for preventing an immediate attack on your friend," says Taelythenihel, pausing. "If you cannot move the snake, what will you do?"

OOC: "A druid or ranger gains a +4 circumstance bonus on Handle Animal checks involving her animal companion." Phew.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Nice roll! :D A druid does indeed get a +4 to Handle Animal checks with his animal companion, so that makes a total of 19 + 5 + 4 = 28![/sblock]Putting aside the irritation he feels, Ciprinus stoops, crooning, to the feeding snake. Swaying slightly from side to side, he takes his time to soothe and praise Carpio, who in turn becomes calmer. Eventually, he picks up the feeding snake and, looping him around his neck, makes his way back to the wagons.

When the party arrive back at the caravan, they find Allistra, Milak and Jendral all standing at the alert, crossbows at the ready. Allistra stands at the outside front corner of the wagons, Milak at the inside back, and Jendral alongside the horses.

Allistra says nothing until all four are back, then asks, "Is anybody hurt?" When the adventurers assure her that they are fine, she nods, lowers her crossbow and says with deceptive mildness, "Now, just a reminder. You're caravan guards. You're meant to guard the caravan. Next time you decide you're all going to run off, how about making sure that at least one of you stays behind to do your job?"

Those among the PCs with keen hearing will hear her mutter, "Should have known it, after Al's little trick - no sense." Whether she's referring to the party or to her brother, however, is not clear.

[sblock=OOC]Well done! And now, the first lot of goodies. :lol:
First encounter (spooked horses): 75 XP per PC
Second encounter (dog): 100 XP to Taelythenihel
Second encounter (snake): 100 XP to Ciprinus

Summary:
Ciprinus: 175 XP
Ruud: 75 XP
Taelythenihel: 175 XP
Valdaris: 75 XP[/sblock]

Last edited:

Drerek

First Post
Boddynock said:
[sblock=OOC]Well done! And now, the first lot of goodies. :lol:
First encounter (spooked horses): 75 XP per PC
Second encounter (dog): 100 XP to Taelythenihel
Second encounter (snake): 100 XP to Ciprinus

Summary:
Ciprinus: 175 XP
Ruud: 75 XP
Taelythenihel: 175 XP
Valdaris: 75 XP[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Do we need to mark these on our character sheets? Not sure how it's usually done.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Boddynock said:
Allistra says nothing until all four are back, then asks, "Is anybody hurt?" When the adventurers assure her that they are fine, she nods, lowers her crossbow and says with deceptive mildness, "Now, just a reminder. You're caravan guards. You're meant to guard the caravan. Next time you decide you're all going to run off, how about making sure that at least one of you stays behind to do your job?"
"A valid point," says Taelythenihel, inclining her head to Allistra. "Nevertheless, one could make the case that having all of your... hirelings... respond to an incident was the correct choice. Though there was no real danger in this instance, if there had been, leaving the wagons guarded by only three for one or two minutes might prove better than being reduced to a party of seven for the rest of the journey. That said, I suspect little thought went into their response. I must apologise for drawing the guards away from the vicinity of the wagon. However, it may sometimes prove necessary for me to withdraw a little distance away, especially at meal times, for the sake of my servant Ossa. I suspect the sight of her unhooded would be unsettling." She pats Ossa's arm. "Sorry, dear. It is true. Nevertheless, I require scant rest at night, and can watch for a longer period than some of my companions, as can Ossa, so even if for part of a meal break I am absent, I remain... quite valuable, and... on duty for longer."

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Drerek said:
Do we need to mark these on our character sheets? Not sure how it's usually done.
OOC: Yep. Mark your character sheets. And it would be helpful to keep a log of XP gained, perhaps with a link to the post where it's awarded. (This is to help character approval judges in the future! :D )

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Somewhat following on from his conversation with Allistra earlier, and knowing that he speaks with a little authority on the subject as a result of his experience, Valdaris adds.

“Caravan attacks come in various forms, my dear… What was a false alarm this time could easily have been something more sinister. Though, duly noted. We will maintain a presence at the caravans at all times from now on. We do not want to be distracted if there is to be an ambush.”

Valdaris turns his attention to Taelythenihel, his tone stern. “This situation could’ve easily been avoided, Taelythenihel. Is it not possible to take your meal within sight of the rest of the group… where we do not have to account for your wanderings off into the bushes?”

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
When Carpio finished engulfing the remains of the little dog, Ciprinus picks him up, and loops him around his neck.
"As I said before, somewhat more irritated, for what I must ask for excuse, if you would remained with us here, nothing of this would have happened. As for Carpios sake, the only thing you make for him, was granting him a free meal. If you were not to be there, he would have continued wondering around for an easier prey."

OOC: Do we add that XP to our sheet or to the one posted in the character thread?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases