Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Trouvere

Explorer
"Are you both deluded?" asks Taelythenihel, nettled. "The snake struck within seconds of the dog's approach. If I had not been there, it would probably have killed Carpio as he engulfed the puppy, helpless, and then we would have spent hours looking for the corpse. I will excuse you, druid, as you are obviously upset by the danger to your friend.
"Note that I did not call out for anyone's assistance, feeling that I and Ossa were equal to the situation, as we were, though I was forced to waste a spell in order to save the dog's life. It was not until I saw the snake that I called for you to come retrieve it, druid, by which time you were already there, and then it was your actions which made the situation momentarily dangerous again. And marginally more dangerous for all of us for the remainder of the day, as you used up some of your healing powers. Though of course it speaks well of all of you - " though clearly she is excluding Allistra and the regular Thorne employees - "that you came to what you thought was my assistance, and I do appreciate it, one of you could have remained with the wagons.
"I do not believe it is possible for us not to move a little way away at times, though we shall see. I would not object to Ruud's accompanying us. Enough. Is it time to move on?"

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"I do not believe it is possible for us not to move a little way away at times, though we shall see. I would not object to Ruud's accompanying us. Enough. Is it time to move on?"
Ruud looks at her and then at Ossa, Uh....okay.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Valdaris snorts as he looks at the druid and wizard with utter disdain. "I do not care for the games you elves play in the forest. If you want me in future, know that you shall find me with the wagons - something that should please our employer also!"

He skulks off, calling over his shoulder towards Allistra. "We daren't stay here for too long, m'lady... lest we draw any unwanted attention."

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel resumes her place in the wagon and Ossa sits bolt upright beside her. After a moment, Taelythenihel unloads her crossbow, but keeps it close.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The druid mutters something, and then get to his armor. Once in it, he approach his mount, and with a graceful jump, inherent of an elf, he was mounting the horse, and driving it next to the wagons.

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
Taelythenihel resumes her place in the wagon and Ossa sits bolt upright beside her. After a moment, Taelythenihel unloads her crossbow, but keeps it close.
Ruud sits near Taelythenihel, whispering softly to her in Draconic, "You play a dangerous game with Ossa."

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel sighs. "Zyak wux ghoros renthisj. Shar arihaurach! Tuor mrith arigliransunathaer ossalur. Shar ir kear ariversvesh zyak turalisj thric korth. Ghoros, majak durah ariossalurthurirl? Mrith rach? Thric bensvelk! Usv renthisj arirthos ekess aesthyr? Pothoc! Zyak, sjek irthos valeij ekess thrae, wux arirlym usv arithurirl?"[sblock=Draconic]"So you said before. But such is my fate! I wish I could travel with clerics of Gliran. But one day my strength will be so great there will be no danger. Before then, do I bribe my travelling companions? With copper? Impossible! Or confide my secret to the woman? Foolish! So, if the secret should leak, will you be my friend or enemy?"[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I expect long blocks of apparent gibberish are tedious... though nearly as easily skippable as blank text. Sorry guys. But it's amazing what you can express with only the one page lexicon from the Draconomicon.... "official" Draconic! ;) It's hard to resist. Drerek, if you want me to send you a scan of the page, sing out, and we can double everyone else's pain. :] [/sblock]

Drerek

First Post
Ruud looks a little surprised at her words and whispers back in Draconic, ""I am not saying that I will betray you, just giving you a warning. One that is worth repeating. Your secret is safe with me."
[sblock=OOC]I've got the Draconomicon, but I'm lazy. :)[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel responds, switching seamlessly between Common and Draconic. "My apologies. I did not intend to imply you would. Nor do I think so. I should like to know what you will do if the half-human druid or the others discover they are in the presence of an undead creature and react with violence. I hope nothing of the sort occurs. I need to quickly find a solution that will allow me to travel with Ossa. Perhaps soon I must stage a deceptive tableau in which she allows her hood to fall back revealing her visage, using a simple spell of illusion. There is risk in that. Or else I must return to the house of my parents, to the empty courtyard and silent halls. I do not relish that prospect."

Last edited:

Drerek

First Post
Ruud thinks about this for some minutes before responding in Draconic, "There are some illusion spells that could protect her, but they only last so long and are not fool proof. I wish I could be more help, but I know so little of necromancy. But I do not want a fellow wizard to be in trouble."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases