Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: well, Taelythenihel is arrogant enough to assume that a mere serpent will be knocked unconscious by her spell, so her move action remains to ready her crossbow.

Drerek

First Post
Ruud, HP 6, AC now 18

Ruud casts Shield
[sblock=OOC]If doing so would provoke an AOO, he casts it defensively.
Concentration Check = 21[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=DEM]Since Valdaris didn't have time to equip his shield, I'm going to assume that he wielded his sword two-handed. That means that total damage from the blow, including the bardic ability Inspire Courage, which gives a +1 to attack and damage, was 21 points.[/sblock]Round #1 cont

Valdaris grips the hilt of his sword in both hands, only the whitening of his knuckles betraying the danger of his situation. He heaves the blade aloft, where it hangs, gleaming, for a moment before descending in a flashing arc upon the bear's head. Such is the force of his blow that the blade shatters the heavy bone and cleaves the skull in two.

The bear stops in its tracks, its roars cut off in a querulous moan, before falling with a thunderous splash into the stream. The fast moving waters turn red as they leech the blood from the suddenly stilled corpse.

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel, Necromancer 1, AC 13, HP 4/4

OOC: Ciprinus and perhaps the snake will go before Taelythenihel, but just to save time, before I go to bed I'll give her (and Ossa's) round 2 action here:

With care, keeping her eyes fixed on the snake, Taelythenihel eases herself over the side of the wagon and backs off a little. "Ossa, kill the serpent for me," she says, with the resigned air of one giving a necessary order.[sblock=OOC]Full-round withdraw action, 10' of move used to exit the wagon diagonally to east, then moving 10' further east. Ossa will attack with its scimitar (+1, 1d6+1). Ossa's 1st round AC is 19 due to full-defense, dropping back to 15 once it attacks in round 2.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hearing the bear moan, Ciprinus shuts his eyes, slightly. Then he hears the mage words.
"Don't you dare Ossa! One death is more than enough!" He shouts, as he approaches the wagon.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Somewhat oblivious to the snake on the other carriage and buoyed by his success at killing the bear with a single blow, Valdaris leaves his sword where his stands in the bear’s shattered skull and steps back with his hands on his hips to appraise his effort. A satisfied grin on his face. Only then, does he look around to see what else is about.

[sblock=OOC]Awesome! I just realised that I forgot to add the benefit of the bard-song too. Now done.

I was beginning to curse Invis Castle in another game, but that was just a colossal effort. I praise the fickle dice gods on Valdaris’ behalf![/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Round #2

Somewhat oblivious to the snake on the other carriage and buoyed by his success at killing the bear with a single blow, Valdaris leaves his sword where his stands in the bear’s shattered skull and steps back with his hands on his hips to appraise his effort. A satisfied grin on his face. Only then, does he look around to see what else is about.

Suddenly the music stops.

Turning, Valdaris sees Allistra climb into the wagon. She draws her rapier and stands alert. Then, looking over the edge, her eyes widen and her mouth opens in an "Oh" of astonishment.

She turns to the proud fighter and says, "Valdaris - Valdaris the Bear! Ho, man, what a blow!"

Then a grin creases her face and she steps forward and busses him briskly on the lips before stepping back, putting her hands on her hips and saying, "I had a feeling you'd be handy in a tight spot."

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Though usually showing a cold and dispassionate exterior, Valdaris is caught off-guard by the gesture. A bear, he could handle. Apparently. But the affections of this woman caught him by surprise and he was clearly dumbstruck. Though it was certainly a very pleasant surprise. A little staggered, he blushes and even looks a little coy as he searches for a response. Eventually, he summons the necessary words as he looks into her eyes, enamoured.

“If that is to be the reward I receive for slaying such a fearsome creature, m’lady, then I shall look forward to the next time. Bring on the rest of them. I will fight every bear in this forest if I have to!"

Fortunately, it is out of earshot of the druid.

Remove ads