Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Boddynock

First Post
Round #2 cont

Allistra blushes slightly too, as if she had surprised herself by her action. Taking a step backward, she puts out her hand as if to fend off complication and says, "Ah, that's fine. You won't need to fight any more bears. I guess I was just a bit ... flustered."

Her voice becomes firmer as she goes on. "Listen, Bear. I make it a rule - never flirt with the employees. I forgot my own rule once. I won't forget it again."

To soften the blow she adds, "Just like I won't forget the mighty warrior who slew a bear with one blow, and saved my life."

Just then Milak interrupts testily. "Weel that's aw huir uv a braw fur ye - but whit abit lae ay them in th' other wagon? Thaur seems tae be a bit ay sooch ower thaur."

Allistra frowns in irritation. "What? What did you say?" Then as she makes the mental translation of the dwarf's broad tones, she looks around and gasps, "Quick, Valdaris - the others are under attack."

Without delay she jumps off the wagon and runs towards this new threat.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"Wha? Where?"

Without hesitation, Valdaris grabs the hilt of his sword and yanks it free from the bear’s skull, before running after Allistra towards the other wagon.

Boddynock

First Post
Round #1 cont
Ruud surrounds himself with magical protection in defense against the unwanted visitor. Then for good measure, since no one seems to have noticed, he yells out, "Snake!"

Round #2 cont

Initiative order
20 Jendral
20 Snake
18 Allistra
18 Ciprinus
14 Taelythenihel
13 Milak
08 Valdaris
08 Ossa
07 Bear
04 Ruud

Jendral splutters, "What the hell?" as Ruud calls out his warning. Looking around, the young driver's eyes widen and he says frantically, "Get rid of it! Get rid of it!" before turning back to wrestle with the horses again.

The viper hisses, hisses again and strikes out at the little wizard. Lightning fast as it is, the snake fails to make contact as the lurching of the wagon throws it off target.

With care, keeping her eyes fixed on the snake, Taelythenihel eases herself over the side of the wagon. "Ossa, kill the serpent for me," she says, with the resigned air of one giving a necessary order.

Hearing the bear moan, Ciprinus shuts his eyes, briefly. Then he hears the mage's words.

"Don't you dare, Ossa! One death is more than enough!" he shouts, as he forces his way back through the trees and approaches the wagon.

[sblock=Voda Vosa]VV, what do you do when you reach the wagon? I'll hold Ossa's action until you let me know.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
While Ruud remains in danger, Taelythenihel does not retract her order. It's uncertain whether Ossa even hears the druid, but certainly she pays him no heed.

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=DM] When Ciprinus get to the wagon he will try to stop Ossa, whichever way he could, if he got to pierce her with his spear, he will, and then, with Carpios help, he wil try to tame the snake. Do I get any special bonus on my handle animal check because my animal companion is a snake too?[/sblock]

Drerek

First Post
Ruud yelps as the snake strikes at him and concentrates on not being the snake's next meal.
[sblock=OOC]Total Defense[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Voda Vosa]
SRD said:
To use wild empathy, the druid and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. (Ref)
VV, the fact that Ciprinus' animal companion is also a snake has no effect on his interaction with the wild viper. From the text quoted above, it's clear that he cannot affect the snake in time to avoid further attacks on his companions.

Are you sure you want to have him attack Ossa? That could get very messy indeed - and not just for the PCs.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock]Allright, make him fall from the wagon or something, while the others kill the snake, otherwise, that druid is going to be really angry XD [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases