Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Boddynock

First Post
Round #2 cont

Ciprinus emerges from the trees, threatening dire consequences to Ossa if she kills the snake. He starts climbing into the wagon, intent on protecting the poor, innocent serpent, when suddenly the horses surge forward. He is thrown off-balance and falls flat on his back on the rutted trail.

Although the fall is not far, he is winded. Nevertheless, he starts to struggle to his feet, ready to renew his defence of the woodland creature. Unfortunately, just at that moment Taelythenihel lands on top of him, driving the breath from his lungs. She was in the process of disembarking from the wagon as he was rising up like an avenging angel, and lost her footing in the same violent movement which threw him to the ground.

Ruud, still in the wagon, hears Jendral say in a small voice, "Whoops."

Trouvere

Explorer
Edit: sorry, I'm getting confused as to initiative count and actions taken. Taelythenihel's round 2 action was to, well, trip over Ciprinus. So Ossa strikes and misses, and that's all till round 3.

Taelythenihel struggles back to her feet, reaches out and casts Mage Armor on Ossa who shortly after strikes at the snake, with astonishing ineptitude.

OOC: 1d20+1=2 (natural 1).

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Round #2 cont

As her mistress lands less than gracefully on top of the sprawling druid, Ossa slashes wildly at the snake, missing by a mile, and nearly hitting Ruud instead. Luckily the gnome's head is below the arc of her blade.

OOC: By the way, the bonus for the bard's song is still current (until the beginning of round #6).

Ruud himself goes pale as gleaming death flies past, then recovers enough to stand poised on the balls of his feet - ready to dodge if the snake attacks him again.

Round #3

Initiative order
20 Jendral
20 Snake
18 Allistra
18 Ciprinus
14 Taelythenihel
13 Milak
08 Valdaris
08 Ossa
04 Ruud

Cursing steadily now, Jendral tries once again to calm the horses but they are too spooked to settle easily.

Once again the viper strikes at Ruud and once again the lurching of the wagon puts it off its attack.

At that it hisses once more, and slithers up and over the side of the wagon, seeking to disappear again into the woods. As it retreats, Ossa moves forward and aims another blow at it - but misses once again.

Allistra appears on the scene, dripping wet and with blade in hand. She demands, "What is it? Where's the danger?" while darting glances from side to side.

Ciprinus seeks to extricate himself from Taelythenihel's unwilling embrace.

As they finally stand up, they hear Jendral say, "It's all right. It's gone - over the back and into the woods."

Taelythenihel sees Ossa begin to move forward, clearly intent on pursuing the serpent.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ossa, stop. Stay here," says Taelythenihel, moving away from Ciprinus and carefully not looking at him. "My apologies, Ruud; it appears she was over-excited. Is all now well?"

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Valadaris arrives shortly after Allistra with his sword drawn and ready to fight, but let's down his guard when he sees that all is well with the others and there is no sign of any danger. Still, he looks around, vigilant.

"What is it? Are you lot fighting shadows?"

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Ossa, stop. Stay here," says Taelythenihel, moving away from Ciprinus and carefully not looking at him. "My apologies, Ruud; it appears she was over-excited. Is all now well?"
Ruud watches where the snake went and replies, "I'm okay. When it decided I wasn't going to make a good meal, it left."

Trouvere

Explorer
Deus Ex Machina said:
"What is it? Are you lot fighting shadows?"
"But of course. What else? In this light, a length of rope can look remarkably like a venomous serpent," Taelythenihel remarks wryly. "And what have you been doing?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Damn! That hurts, be more careful next time Taelythenihel, I'm lucky you are small and skinny..." Ciprinus rubbs his head and then his back, that hurts.
"Luckily too, the viper escaped, I could not stand another death today, I wouldn't forgive myself if that was to happen again. " Ciprinus looks at Ossa. "I'll let you keep the scimitar, but the next foolish thing you make, I'll have it back, hope you understand."

Remove ads