Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel looks at Ciprinus with eyes turned to chips of ice. "You pulled me down. What were you attempting? There was no space in the wagon for you to stand. Let us talk of foolishness. I tried to stun the serpent with a spell, but failed, so that Ruud and Ossa remained in danger. If you would prefer your companions not to defend themselves, or you, against wild beasts, then say so now, so that we all know where we stand. Ossa, throw away the scimitar and take my staff, here." Ossa obeys, and leaves the scimitar lying in the dust of the road.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I pulled you down? What are you, some sort of crazy witch?... Bah! I don't know why I bother... do as you want, from now on, do not dare of addressing me with your poisonous tong, mage. For your dire servant I have not to worry, she can't speak anyway Ha ha... " the druid picks up the blade and as if it was dirty, he cleaned it up with his cloth before putting it in his wrist.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Twice now you have favoured the welfare of an animal over that of your companions. Twice now I have stayed Ossa's hand at your request," says Taelythenihel. "I have chosen my spells to avoid the necessity of causing harm, but when they fail, injury and death may follow. We are not enemies, Ciprinus, but I give you fair warning. If once more a wild creature attacks us, I will deal with the threat in whatever manner I find necessary. Let Allistra Thorne and the others here mark that the druid's first loyalty lies elsewhere. Mine does not." Taelythenihel's lips quirk. "Now, let us examine the corpse of the bear, for I assume by the sudden cessation of its growling and the absence of splashing sounds that it did not flee, but was swiftly despatched. Perhaps we might skin it and provide its coat to a furrier."

OOC: aww, that's sad. They got along so well back in the RDI.

Boddynock

First Post
Allistra observes the bickering of the caravan guards and rolls her eyes.

"Perhaps when you've finished laying blame we can get back to the matter at hand. Ciprinus, please assist Jendral with the horses. They've been nervous for days now, and that close encounter with the bear has severely distressed them. They need to hear a soothing voice and feel a gentle touch."

"As to the bear pelt, by rights it belongs to the Bear."

Seeing their puzzled looks, she chuckles and says, "To Valdaris the Bear - who slew the beast threatening his companions with one mighty stroke. What he chooses to do with it is up to him."

"The meat, however, is another matter. I happen to know of a market for bear steak, and since we'll be in Allimon by tonight, we shouldn't have any trouble transporting it. So if you'd like to get to work, Alvar Thorne & Associates will pay prime prices for prime bear."

Then she looks troubled. "And as for me, I have to go catch that blasted horse! Jendral, when you've got the team under control, come and help me."

With that she leaves, heading in the direction that her horse bolted.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Yeah, if we were fighting goblins the story would be different I guess ^^, its just a petty.

Ciprinus ignores the elf, walking away as she started speaking, waving a hand over his head.
When Allistra ask for help with the horses, he walks to them, and start whispering soft words, and touch them in the head, softly. "Shh my friends, its all fine now."

OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1289390

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Content with Allistra's comments and not wanting to venture into the squabble, Valdaris calmly walks back to the corpse of the bear without saying a word. He lays his sword down beside it in favor of his dagger and he looks at the animal with a satisfied grin on his face as he recalls the mighty stroke that had brought the bear down, before kneeling down to go to work on recovering the pelt and the meat from the bear.

“Steer the caravans to one side, Milak. Allistra has gone off to chase that damn horse and we’ll be taking the pelt and meat of this animal with us. So we could be a while yet. If you or Jendral feel so inclined, I could do with a hand too. It’s a good spot for it, with this stream an’ all.”

Without further ado, he begins on the bear.

Trouvere

Explorer
Ossa, now armed with a quarterstaff, stows her shield away. Taelythenihel leaves her in the wagon and walks ahead, giving Ciprinus a wide berth. Coming to the water, she wades out upstream of the bear. She looks at its shattered head and stretches out a hand to open its empty glazed eyes. Expressionlessly, she climbs the bank and returns to her place in the wagon.

Drerek

First Post
Ruud has nothing that will help with the bear so he just stays where he is at, now scanning the tree tops as well, hoping the snake doesn't decide to come back.

Trouvere

Explorer
"In Joseph Smith's inn, the druid and I sat amicably at one table, and our conversation turned to the nature of Good and Evil," says Taelythenihel to Ruud. "He expressed the opinion that, as guiding philosophies, both are dangerous extremes to be avoided, that balance should be sought. It seems that, as so many of his kind, he is enamoured of nature because of the apparent ethical and moral neutrality of the instinctive behaviour of animals. Perhaps he regards this as a form of balance. Yet to value such things over the life of sentient beings, such as you or I, seems strange to me. He spoke of the murder of villagers for the sake of trees. A forest has worth in itself, but a world cloaked entirely in forest, with no thought and no mind to perceive its value, would be a lesser place. Such is my opinion. I am surprised that he speaks with disdain of my venomed tongue, while yet admiring the serpent that is venomous in truth. Caesinsunaether aribaeshrathurirl shar aristhyrirlym. Thric malsvir? The druid may be a friend to animals but an enemy to men. Is that not evil?"

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Caesinsunaether aribaeshrathurirl shar aristhyrirlym. Thric malsvir? The druid may be a friend to animals but an enemy to men. Is that not evil?"
Ruud shrugs and responds in Draconic, "I don't know. He seems to be okay, but we keep running into animals that don't like us. It's not that we are seeking the animals out to kill. They keep dropping in our laps."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases