Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Boddynock

First Post
Allistra leans back in the saddle as she stares into the sky. She speaks dreamily.

"To spend a week watching the dance of leaves, or listening to the sound of a cadence played just so - what I wouldn't give for that sometimes! But then, I'm afraid I wouldn't have the stamina for such contemplation. I can only listen to a tune for so long before my fingers itch to play it - not for the pursuit of deeper wisdom but just for the celebration of the moment."

"Still, Taelythenihel, you make me long for time and opportunity to study once more."

She sits dreaming a bit longer before giving herself a shake and saying, "Oh well - if wishes were horses then we'd all get where we're going sooner!"

Boddynock

First Post
The terrain changes again as the group travels on through the balmy afternoon. Forest gives way once more to plains. Gradually, imperceptibly at first, the ground rises towards a range of hills which lie athwart the company’s progress.

Once they crest the rise, they see a valley, and beyond, another range. Herds of cattle graze the grasslands here and there in the vale and the sound of the cowherds’ pipes comes softly to them on the breeze.

The sun is westering as they climb the second range, and shines directly into their eyes as they reach the top. Ahead of them they see a city in the distance, its domed roofs made of ebony and ivory shot through with gold and flame. The city walls are high and built of stone.

There are great gates set into the centre of the walls that are visible from the hilltop. The party can only assume that there are matching gates in the other walls, too. These gates are flanked by high towers - an imposing sight, especially given that the whole city is built on a plateau, dominating the farmland which is spread out below.

The whole is aflame with the setting sun’s fervour. It will be dark before the caravan reaches the town.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Beautiful," says Taelythenihel. "It is larger than I had thought. I missed nothing when we passed by Grenton." She turns to look at Ossa and frowns.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A great sight I may say. Nature can produce such amazing visage..." Ciprinus says, as he gallops slowly to the front of the caravan, to appreciate it.

Boddynock

First Post
“You can see where the road curves to the south and then in a long sweep to the southern city gate. That’s the merchant quarter, and our destination’s just inside the gate itself. We’ll lodge in the New Constantine, a well-favoured inn catering to merchant caravans.”

Sure enough, the road follows the gentle gradient of a wide arc around the edge of the farmland, then climbs slowly towards the city. The granite walls flare and fade as darkness falls. Torches are lit above the entranceway, but the gates remain open while the caravan approaches.

After some conversation with the guards, and the paying of a toll by Allistra, the pary is waved through and enters the city of Allimon.

Immediately past the gates there stand a pair of massive buildings, domed and multi-storied, facing one another across the road, with a walkway hung with lanterns joining them at the roofline.

Allistra turns into the yard of the inn on the left, with Jendral and Milak following. There’s a bustle of activity as stable boys run to take reins and assist in the storing of the wagons in a massive barn.

Allistra swings down from her horse and says, “We’re too late to make our deliveries tonight, so we’ll leave the wagons laden until tomorrow. One of the reasons I chose this inn is because their security is excellent, so you won’t need to stand guard tonight. Make the most of it - we’ll be up at first light again in the morning!”

The New Constantine is a plush and well-appointed hostelry with good food and a full cellar. There’s a large common room on the ground floor, with tables and chairs, and other, smaller, and more private rooms behind.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Some rest will suit us well indeed. It has been a long journey" Ciprinus states, before heading to the stables, to let his donkey.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases