Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Levethix othokent zara caex sthyr, shar arcaniss versvesh vyth," remarks Taelythenihel, in Draconic. "'The smart wizard stands behind the swordsman, but magic is stronger than steel.' I am not defenceless. Speaking of which, what languages do we have in common, for private speech may be of advantage in the presence of enemies?"
Ruud pats the crossbow at his side, "I can use this thing, but I hope I don't have to. As far as languages, besides the common tongue, I can speak the languages of Gnomes, of course, Dragons, Giants, and Dwarves."

Trouvere

Explorer
"That is well," says Taelythenihel. "Perhaps you can befriend the wagon-supervisor over there. I know Gnome - a fascinating tongue, full of intricate twists, and well suited to the expression of mirth. I do not speak it often. Besides the arcane tongue of dragons, I speak Elven and Sylvan. And several others which I hope I never have need to use - the languages, such as they are, of Goblins and Orcs. And one other, purely for academic interest."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus remained silent to the allusion of his person by the woman. There was something in her, and in his brother that he dislikes, and he made no effort to hide that feeling.
"I can speak elven and sylvan as well" he replies to Taelythenihel. He then closes to the elf and the gnome. In a whisper he says in elven "If we are threaten after we cast any simple spell, I suggest we abandon this woman and his cart to their fate. I certainly have the feeling we are going to have some action throughout the way"

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Certainly we are not being paid enough for heroics," says Taelythenihel, in Elven, then Gnome.
Ruud doesn't understand what Ciprinus said but he does hear Taelythenihel. He responds in Gnome, "I'll do what I can to help, but I'm no hero either."

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"I speak common and I know enough of the language of the orcs to get by. That is all."

Still waiting for Allistra's response, Valdaris has little choice but to hear the other dialects that are spoken by the two elves and the gnome. He interjects in common.

"I would be careful how you communicate if I were you. And who you consider an enemy. If others do not know what you say and have reason to believe that you are hiding something from them, they may assume the worst, even if it is not your intention."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"But we know you are not the case Valdaris, or are you?" the druid smiles as he speaks the joke. "Anyway if you speak orc, I think Taelythenihel can explain it to you"

Trouvere

Explorer
Deus Ex Machina said:
"I speak common and I know enough of the language of the orcs to get by. That is all."
"That is as much Orc as orcs know," says Taelythenihel. She scrutinizes Valdaris's face, as though she were checking for signs of a protruding muzzle or fangs.
"I was thinking more of them." Valdaris replies, cocking his head towards Allistra Thorne.
"Mistrustful as well as penny-pinching? I imagine the Thornes will be most successful in their enterprises, in the short term. Still, it is a poor showing if an elf and a half-human may not speak together in the elder tongue."

Remove ads