Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Voda Vosa]I've edited the last major entry to reflect the fact that Ciprinus is now riding a dun-coloured hack. The donkey is tied to the back of the rear wagon, still laden with his gear.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus mount the mammal, and pat the side of its head. At the moment, Carpio sprout out of the druids hide armor. "Now don't you get jealous" Carpio says with a smile, rubbing the snake chin.

Trouvere

Explorer
Deus Ex Machina said:
Valdaris takes back his longbow and places the crossbow next to her, then climbs into the wagon.
"This kind of device lacks elegance, but will suffice at need," says Taelythenihel.

Boddynock

First Post
Ruud, Taelythenihel and Ossa climb into the first wagon with Jendral. Valdaris hops up next to Milak. Allistra moves to the lead, the grey high-stepping and eager to be under way. Ciprinus rides alongside the second wagon. The donkey brings up the rear.

They pull out, the wagon wheels rumbling on the cobbles of the street. The sky has the luminescence of false dawn but soon the rosy glow of sunrise washes the buildings on either side of them with a true maiden's blush.

The trip from warehouse to main gate is uneventful and they are passed quickly through by the members of the Watch on duty. Allistra and the others are obviously well known to the guards, who smile and nod to them.

One calls out, "Allistra, sweetheart, when're you going to stop your roaming and settle down with me?" She chuckles and replies, "When you can afford to keep me in the manner to which I'm accustomed, Gerd - and on a Watchman's wage that'll be a very long time, indeed!" The other guards laugh and nudge Gerd good-naturedly in the ribs.

Once out of the city, they set off along the Western Road, making good time through outlying farms and fields. After an hour or so, Allistra falls back to the rear wagon, and leans over to grab a small sack from the back. Opening it up, she distributes bread and apples. "Breakfast, friends. We'll eat on the move, and call a halt at noonday."

She offers food to Ossa, and frowns when the servant doesn't respond. Handing to sack to Taelythenihel, she says, "Here, you persuade her to eat!" then rides off to the front of the caravan.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Valdaris says very little during the trip. He is content to relax, breathe in the fresh air and take in the sights of the countryside, with the gentle sway of Allistra's silhouette on the horse in front foremost among them.

Trouvere

Explorer
"She is sadly disfigured," says Taelythenihel. "She does not eat in the presence of others." Or indeed at all. "Do not trouble yourself over her. I shall take care of her."

Drerek

First Post
Trouvere said:
"She is sadly disfigured," says Taelythenihel. "She does not eat in the presence of others." Or indeed at all. "Do not trouble yourself over her. I shall take care of her."
Ruud listens to the exchange quietly. Once Allistra leaves he says quietly to Taelythenihel in Draconic, "You are playing a dangerous game."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Thric arituor vaeri mrith korth," says Taelythenihel. "It is not my desire to dance with danger. But what can I do? I confided in you because I could no longer bear the secret myself in silence, but I think few others would accept the knowledge with such equanimity. Yet I am bound to her, and she to me. If she came to me for a purpose, then I must believe she will remain by my side until that purpose is revealed. Thus, we will somehow avoid trivial dangers until that time." She smiles wryly. "Of course, I may be entirely mistaken."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus is like other person in the wild, his hors runs upwards, the passes to the rear of the wagon to see how Felmin is doing.
The druid receives the food gladly and devour it as well. After the short breakfast, he hears the dialog of the two arcanists. Why would they been speaking in that odd language? "Mage secrets..." he thinks to himself. "Beware of such secrets master, I don't feel confident about the elven wizard..." Ciprinus hears the thoughts of his animal companion. "Time will tell old friend, at the moment I have not to suspect of her, she have shown to be a nice person this far"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases