Alvar Thorne & Associates, Part 1 - orsal judging

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=DM]
Ciprinus streches as he sleeps, touching the bark and the leaves of thew big oak. The druid loves that trees, he feel a special fascination to oaks, because he thinks that those trees represent some of the elder beings in any wood, thus, the wiser.
He dreams with the day he found his animal companion.
Carpio is still looking for anything to eat in the surrounding's [/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Ciprinus][sblock=OOC]Voda Vosa, a druid’s link with his or her animal companion doesn’t include the ability to communicate telepathically. Instead, the druid may ‘handle’ or ‘push’ the animal companion more easily than normal (reference here). That means that Ciprinus can’t have conversations with Carpio, as you suggest in post #59.

Nevertheless, I’m going to take poetic licence to suggest that Ciprinus, in his dreaming, may be susceptible to Carpio’s physical experience.

Please tell me what size Carpio is - Small or Medium. It’s not listed in your Character Sheet - and, in fact, should be. (Takes off his Assistant Character Approval Judge’s hat and puts on his DM’s hat again. :) )[/sblock]Held in the firm arms of the oak, Ciprinus dreams of the day Carpio came to him. He feels the sunlight on his skin in remembered unity, the rustle of grasses and the scent of the walker on his tongue. He tests the link with Skin-Brother, and finds it strong and pleasing. He travels long distances, sharing heat and prey.

He slithers through the world, scenting the air, tasting the tang of meat and sweat close by. Another taste there is, old and rancid - not pleasing, not good. But young meat, warm meat, is close by and he is hungry.

He hears, feels in ground-tickle, threat sounds from four-leg - but he is hidden, it is far, and he is hungry. He moves closer, wills body through world, scents, tastes, sees - there is meat, close, one, two, hot blood on tongue flicker, still but not enough, sway back, sway forward, open mouth strike and pierce! Meat cry, blood cry, strike again! Pierce taste blood meat. Second run but he is right, world is good. Taste meat blood.

OOC: Make a Will save, DC 10 to wake.[/sblock][sblock=Ruud]OOC: By all means insert your favourite illusions here. ;) [/sblock][sblock=Taelythenihel][sblock=OOC]I’m going to assume that Taelythenihel is sitting down. Would she invite Ossa to sit or leave her standing?[/sblock]Ignoring the food Taelythenihel tosses to it, the dog rushes towards them, teeth bared …

OOC: Initiative
10 Taelythenihel
10 Ossa (actually 22 but she delays until Taelythenihel gives her an order)
07 Dog

I’ll update this entry when I know if Ossa was sitting or standing.
[/sblock][sblock=Valdaris]Allistra starts to answer but Valdaris is distracted. The sound of a dog snarling in earnest cuts the noon-day stillness. It’s coming from somewhere in the trees. Wherever it is, it’s clear from the sound that the dog is about to attack something.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Taelythenihel, for DM]OOC: T would have Ossa sit, I think. So I suppose the most we can manage to do is both get to our feet, Ossa readies a shield, and Taelythenihel casts Mage Armor on 'her'... so Ossa's AC is now 20, and Taelythenihel's is 13.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=DM]
[sblock=OOC] Yes you are right, I should write it down on the sheet. I think a proper length for carpio will be around a meter and a half.
Will save roll : 20
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=DM]"Let's see what's going on, shall we!"

Keen to see what the commotion is, Valdaris races off towards the source of the sound and draws his sword as he approaches.[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Ciprinus]Ciprinus wakes with the taste of fear and death on his tongue.[/sblock][sblock=Ruud]Ruud is rudely awakened by Valdaris running past, sword in hand, shouting something which he misses.[/sblock][sblock=Taelythenihel]OOC: I'll post a map with T & O and the dog marked on it once Valdaris has decided where he's going to run towards.

IC: The dog continues to advance with a stiff-legged gait towards the pair. At this rate it'll be upon them at any moment. Taelythenihel rises to her feet in a fluid movement, ordering Ossa, likewise, to stand and ready her shield. The companion clambers to her feet and slips her arm through the grip of the shield, standing ready to defend against the dog's attack.

The elven mage moves swiftly through the practiced movements and bubbling syllables of a spell of protection. A brief, brilliant flash of deepest midnight blue surrounds Ossa, and there is the slightest of high-pitched hums as arcane energies surround and mould themselves to the cloaked figure's form.

Just then a flurry of activity occurs. As the dog launches itself at Ossa, Taelythenihel hears a subdued whimpering from behind her and to the right. The hound's snarling jaws snap shut on empty air as Ossa dodges its attack. At the same time there's a cutting, sibilant hiss and two sharp yelps, followed by a rustling in the grass right behind Taelythenihel.[/sblock][sblock=Valdaris]OOC: Which direction is Valdaris going? The dog's growling came from somewhere in the trees.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Alvar Thorne & Associates 01 - Map 01 - Valdaris' view - reduced.JPG
    Alvar Thorne & Associates 01 - Map 01 - Valdaris' view - reduced.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Ciprinus]Awakening with a start from the vivid, serpentine folds of his dreaming, Ciprinus hears the loud snarls of a dog nearby, and the sound of running feet. Looking out, he sees Valdaris, sword in hand, running towards the sound of the snarling.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=DM]
Quickly, the druid gets himself down from the tree, pick up his spear, and runs toward the snarling sound, along with Valdaris.

[/sblock]

Remove ads