The big announcement: 4dventure

smilinggm

First Post
Cut and Pasted from the WOCT Site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All.

The announcement of 4th Edition is a pretty big event for all RPG fans. It's a huge event for all of us at Wizards of the Coast, including WotC staff and our WizO support team. We understand that this is something many of you are going to feel very passionate about in a number of ways.

We've created this forum for few reasons. We want everyone to have a single discussion forum where they can get answers and information directly from the D&D staff. We also want to prevent the other forums from being overwhelmed with 4E posts to the point that it drowns out any of the natural discussion in those areas. Additionally, I want to have a single forum where our community can post their hopes, fears, concerns, and dreams about 4E. This will make it easier for the D&D staff to read community feedback, and to (hopefully) provide a lot of answers to your questions.

The WizOs will be moderating this forum and others. They are acting on the direction of Wizards of the Coast, so if you're upset with their moderation, please don't take it out on the WizOs. Their goals will be clear: Keep 4th Edition discussion in the 4E forum. This might mean locking threads and/or moving posts.

If you have concerns, questions, or issues about the forum moderation taking place after the 4th Edition announcement, I've created a thread here where you may discuss your concerns.

Finally, please try to be respectful in your posts and comments. Be nice to other posters, the WizOs, and WotC staff. The WizOs will be enforcing all Code of Conduct rules on all forums as usual.

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how I can do a better job of helping to facilitate communication between the D&D Staff and the Community, I've created a thread here.

Thanks!
-Mike
Host of Gamer Radio Zero

EricNoah said:
That's such a big "if" I don't even want to think about it yet. Yikes. You know, on one hand it would be stupid for WotC to essentially encourage 3rd party publishing to stick with 3E by not allowing them to publish material for 4E, thus encouraging a split gaming community. On the other hand ... I can see a different type of licensing that is more restrictive appealing to WotC. I just can't call it either way...

From my understanding, yes. Not open, but licensed products from 3rd party publishers. I am roughly 90% certain of this latter part. I am 100% certain of 4E announcement and have been for over a week, but didn't want to spoil anyones announcements.

But now that it's announced I can finally say something.... *if been bursting to say something* :)

joe b.

marionde

First Post
My first attempt at attachments. Sorry if this doesn't work.

Attachments

• 4E forums.JPG
    4E forums.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 262

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
marionde said:
Yes, I had to log in to view the WOTC forums. Looks like the age of 4E is upon us.

It might be upon you but I've dropped about 1k on 3.5 books in the last five months, so unless I'm hired to work on 4e (or they're doping the paperstock) I doubt that I will be doing much with it until it's at least a few years old ;)

[Edit: That said, I am warm and fuzzy right now, knowing that somewhere in Montevideo, a delusion has just crashed head first into reality with disastrous results.]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases