The big announcement: 4dventure

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Ambrus said:
I wonder how the WotC speakers will address the accusations they'll receive about having lied about planning the release of 4e. :\

They'll probably say "DUH!" and then point out that the staff of TSR, SJG, and pretty much every other game company in existence has done the same thing prior to releasing a new edition of a popular game (or selling a popular IP, etc). Keeping the cat in the bag is pretty much standard practice when the future of popular IP is up in the air.

Friadoc

Explorer
Shawn_Kehoe said:
Now REMEMBER THE MAC USERS!!!! :D

I second that statement, as well as add the leverage of being an IT Professional, as well as a freelance writer.

Currently, I'm 6-9 months out from switching over to Mac from PCs, with my only keeping a 'nix and windows PC for skillset reasons.

My main writing, surfing, and other computer usages will all be done via a Mac (hopefully, if all goes well, a tricked out Macbook Pro).

So, PLEASE, be fully Mac compliant, it would be so nice.

Ambrus

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Well there are a lot of D&D players who aren't as plugged in as we are. It'll still be a surprise for a lot of folks.
There's free internet access at the Con. I imagine word will get around to those who care enough to attend the preview session long before it begins.

I'd hate to be that one guy in the room who gasps in shock when the speaker begins: "As you're probably all aware by now, we're officially announcing an upcoming 4e here tonight."

Friadoc

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Well there are a lot of D&D players who aren't as plugged in as we are. It'll still be a surprise for a lot of folks.

Very true there, although it is becoming rare in the community and hobby to not be on-line to some degree, especially in the US.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, as it most obviously does, but I think as time goes by it'll be rarer and rarer.

bowbe

First Post
Hmm... if thats the logo (and hopefully it isn't)

It appears they takend the (D)ungeons & (D)ragons out of the equation. The must have seen that flick "The Gamers" or something.

Of course everyone callse it D&D but I dunno, culture has been dumbed down enough already without reducing everything to even more acronyms.

Maybe it will be a new trend. Instead of the iPhone 2.0 apple will try to copywright IP, then Jobs can claim he owns even more stuff he doesn't own.

Case

Xyxox

Hero
Friadoc said:
I second that statement, as well as add the leverage of being an IT Professional, as well as a freelance writer.

Currently, I'm 6-9 months out from switching over to Mac from PCs, with my only keeping a 'nix and windows PC for skillset reasons.

My main writing, surfing, and other computer usages will all be done via a Mac (hopefully, if all goes well, a tricked out Macbook Pro).

So, PLEASE, be fully Mac compliant, it would be so nice.

It'll all be Web 2.0 based in Java is my guess, so even Linux users should be able to use it.

Remove ads