4E 4E: What we think we know - Page 4
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypixie
    Almost all of the links in MerricB's initial post are locked to me. What do they contain...specifically?
    Check out this screenshot for an idea of what was in the forums.

http://www.daggergate.com/wizards4e.gif

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block megamania

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth
    They are links to the 4E discussion forum that evidently went live only accidentally... there are/were something like 20 pre-generated threads on various topics relevant to 4E. Each thread contained an introductory sentence from which could be gleaned certain preliminary facts... such as the Core Books thread which referred (predictably) to a PHB, DMG and MM.

That whole schmeer has been locked down by Mods.

Being a puppet on strings is growing tiresome.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Ed_Laprade

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldryn
    I'm really hoping that 4e gets rid of the need to create such characters as the aforementioned Fighter/Sorcerer/Spellsword/Eldrich Knight. Previews of 3rd Edition talked about creating virtually any character concept by multiclassing a couple of base classes and choosing the right feats. I hope that 4e takes us back to that concept, with multiclassing that doesn't require prestige classes to fix spellcaster advancement and feats that scale with your level so that you don't need a selection of 1,200 feats.
    I'm afraid that you're dreaming. Oh, it'll be that way at first... but after a while the glut of books will come to the fore again. Then it'll be time for 5E. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

so is everyone sure that 4.0 wont have a ogl? by the looks of it, some people saw the thread. anyone here at enworld?

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Keldryn

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Laprade
    I'm afraid that you're dreaming. Oh, it'll be that way at first... but after a while the glut of books will come to the fore again. Then it'll be time for 5E. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.
    I'm sure it will. I just hope that the core rules are a little better thought-out so that you don't need stuff like the Mystic Theurge to make a character concept work.

I have no doubt that 6 years after 4e we'll be drowning in supplements. It would be nice, however, if they organized them a little differently this time, rather than just "Fighter Book," "Wizard Book," "Elf Book" and such, and went with specific themes or campaign styles and included options that applied equally to all character types. The amount of material used in any one campaign from a single one of those books is a very small percentage. More like how the GURPS supplements are put together, I suppose.

Eternal Optimist SILVER DEFENDER
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 11 Reviews
    D&D Adventurer's LeagueGreyhawkD&DDoctor WhoI Defended The Walls!

Block MerricB

Friend+
    Not sure about no OGL, but check JG Browning's post.

Cheers!
    Merric Blackman
    Merric's Musings - reviews, session reports, play advice
    The Great List of D&D 5E Adventures

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Hjorimir

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Lancer
    so is everyone sure that 4.0 wont have a ogl? by the looks of it, some people saw the thread. anyone here at enworld?
    I think it was Joe Browning (XPS) that posted something to that effect and (apparently) he's know about 4E for about a week now.

Wow. This is even faster than the legitimate entertainment industry's methods: vinyl, 8-tracks, cassette tapes, cds, mp3s, iPods.... Same music, bought just in time to be obsolete.

I can't say that I'm enthralled with this third edition to be released in less than 10 years.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block KingCrab

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by krissbeth
    I can't say that I'm enthralled with this third edition to be released in less than 10 years.
    I was kind of going by the don't-worry-it-hasn't-been-a-decade-yet rule myself.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Baron Opal

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth
    That whole schmeer has been locked down by Mods.
    And I bet they're giving Wiz_DaveG a spanking...

Quick Reply Quick Reply