4E 4E: What we think we know - Page 6
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 456
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi Ravenblade
    So what does this mean for the current OGL?
    Nothing directly.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Charwoman Gene
    Interestingly, I believe those two amazon items have been there for a while now.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Anondson
    Interestingly, I believe those two amazon items have been there for a while now.
    Yeah, Everyone brushed them off as "fluff" and "coffee table" books...

    Looking at them now, can they be anything but this?

    I'm still not 100% convinced the TMP press release is real, no new info, really.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Craigmore, South Australia
    Posts
    5,308
    I'm guessing that the TMP press release is legit. The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread. Suddenly those 2 "fluff" books might be of more interest to a whole lot of people!

    Olaf the Stout

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout
    The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread.
    Was the TMP info posted before the other info?

    Stop disagreeing with me or I'm walking to Canadia and taking my Dungeon Magazine back!

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Charwoman Gene
    Was the TMP info posted before the other info?

    Stop disagreeing with me or I'm walking to Canadia and taking my Dungeon Magazine back!
    The poster posted just before midnight on the 15th and the TMP page is listed as the 16th.

    Piestrio

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Stout
    I'm guessing that the TMP press release is legit. The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread. Suddenly those 2 "fluff" books might be of more interest to a whole lot of people!

    Olaf the Stout
    I'm betting their pre-order numbers are about to take a HUGE bump.

    *grins*

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Waubra, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    13,137
    Updated my first post with the new info.
    Merric Blackman
    Merric's Musings - reviews, session reports, play advice
    The Great List of D&D 5E Adventures

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Grim, dark... the UK
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyfair
    Nothing directly.
    Yep. And that's the good thing.

    However, the possibility of not being OGL makes me... sad. The OGL basically brought us great stuff like Malhavoc Press (yeah, I'm still a Monte fanboy), Necromancer Games, Dreamscarred Press or Mongoose stuff... and the comfort and benefits of the SRD.

    Generally, I'm looking forward to 4E (and I'm expection a truckload of previews, starting NOW) - but being non-OGL puts a dampener on my excitement.

    But then, 4E might, at least, swamp eBay with cheap 3.5E books!

    Cheers, LT.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On a Persian carpet on a certain Island in the South Pacific....
    Posts
    3,888
    ...includes elements familiar to current D&D players, including illustrated rulebooks and pre-painted plastic miniatures.
    Yep, the picture books and plastic figures are what keeps me in this hobby. Sure would be insane for WotC to remove those vital features.

    Ah well. Probably was time to stop spending cash on this hobby anyway. I'll stick to the CRPG in the future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •