D&D 4E 4E: What we think we know

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Eric Anondson said:
Interestingly, I believe those two amazon items have been there for a while now.

Yeah, Everyone brushed them off as "fluff" and "coffee table" books...

Looking at them now, can they be anything but this?

I'm still not 100% convinced the TMP press release is real, no new info, really.

I'm guessing that the TMP press release is legit. The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread. Suddenly those 2 "fluff" books might be of more interest to a whole lot of people! :D

Olaf the Stout

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Olaf the Stout said:
The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread.

Was the TMP info posted before the other info?

Stop disagreeing with me or I'm walking to Canadia and taking my Dungeon Magazine back!

Piestrio

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
Was the TMP info posted before the other info?

Stop disagreeing with me or I'm walking to Canadia and taking my Dungeon Magazine back!

The poster posted just before midnight on the 15th and the TMP page is listed as the 16th.

Piestrio

Friadoc

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
I'm guessing that the TMP press release is legit. The May 2008 date matches up with a date given by a poster on another thread. Suddenly those 2 "fluff" books might be of more interest to a whole lot of people! :D

Olaf the Stout

I'm betting their pre-order numbers are about to take a HUGE bump.

*grins*

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Glyfair said:
Nothing directly.
Yep. And that's the good thing.

However, the possibility of not being OGL makes me... sad. The OGL basically brought us great stuff like Malhavoc Press (yeah, I'm still a Monte fanboy), Necromancer Games, Dreamscarred Press or Mongoose stuff... and the comfort and benefits of the SRD.

Generally, I'm looking forward to 4E (and I'm expection a truckload of previews, starting NOW) - but being non-OGL puts a dampener on my excitement.

But then, 4E might, at least, swamp eBay with cheap 3.5E books!

Cheers, LT.

green slime

First Post
...includes elements familiar to current D&D players, including illustrated rulebooks and pre-painted plastic miniatures.

Yep, the picture books and plastic figures are what keeps me in this hobby. Sure would be insane for WotC to remove those vital features.

Ah well. Probably was time to stop spending cash on this hobby anyway. I'll stick to the CRPG in the future.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases