D&D 4E May 2008 - 4E PHB

danir

Explorer
Hi there,
A small visitor from israel :)

Yesterday i have seen here the news regarding 4E but it appears that you are in a bit of a time lag - Thanks to silverstars (israel publisher), we here at israel got all the beans already ;-)
- Relesase date - May 2008
- PHB @ May, MM @ June, DMG @ July
- The SRD/OGL/D20 will still exist, however he didn't reveal any further details
- Apprantaly there will be at least 7 books of D&D 4 on 2008, no info what exactly though.
- There will be hebrew on WotC site, unknown when, which means that there will be somekind of multilingual support on D&D insider/Gleemax.

Korgoth

First Post
danir said:
Hi there,

Yesterday i have seen here the news regarding 4E but it appears that you are in a bit of a time lag - Thanks to silverstars (israel publisher), we here at israel got all the beans already ;-)
- The SRD/OGL/D20 will still exist, however he didn't reveal any further details
- Apprantaly there will be at least 7 books of D&D 4 on 2008, no info what exactly though.
- There will be hebrew on WotC site, unknown when, which means that there will be somekind of multilingual support on D&D insider/Gleemax.

Shalom aleichem! Thanks for the scoop!

TwinBahamut

First Post
danir said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the information! If you can link to a good online source (even if it is in Hebrew), it would be appreciated.

May huh... That gives a 9 month lag, right? Quite a good amount of time to build hype and get feedback.

Glyfair

Explorer
Agamon said:
May??? "C'mon, May!" just doesn't sound right.... :p

Sounds right to me. We get all three books by July. Then we have a month to digest them before GenCon 2008 and the first big 4E events.

The dates sound a little off to me. I would have thought that they would release them at either Gen Con or D&D XP. XP is held in February, Gen Con in September. I would think that XP next year is too close. So I'm guessing that Gen Con next year is when it will debut. Publishers have been given incorrect dates before.

Olaf the Stout

Glyfair

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
The dates sound a little off to me. I would have thought that they would release them at either Gen Con or D&D XP. XP is held in February, Gen Con in September. I would think that XP next year is too close. So I'm guessing that Gen Con next year is when it will debut. Publishers have been given incorrect dates before.

IIRC 3E was released June, July, August. What month was 3.5 released? (Edit: July 2003)

Regardless, I would think they would want it out before GenCon. Otherwise they'll either have a lot of games with an "obsolete product" or else they'll have a gazillion people playing a game they haven't read (or a combination of both).

Remove ads