D&D 4E May 2008 - 4E PHB

Yair

Community Supporter
danir said:
Hi there,
A small visitor from israel :)

Yesterday i have seen here the news regarding 4E but it appears that you are in a bit of a time lag - Thanks to silverstars (israel publisher), we here at israel got all the beans already ;-)
- Relesase date - May 2008
- PHB @ May, MM @ June, DMG @ July
- The SRD/OGL/D20 will still exist, however he didn't reveal any further details
- Apprantaly there will be at least 7 books of D&D 4 on 2008, no info what exactly though.
- There will be hebrew on WotC site, unknown when, which means that there will be somekind of multilingual support on D&D insider/Gleemax.
Hah! And I didn't know!

As a confirmation, you can look here, where the Silver Stars publishing man says (in loose translation):

Ok, so a little information:

Fourth Edition is coming out starting in May 2008 in English. First the Player's Handbook, then the Monster Manual, then the Dungeon Master Guide. Each month a new one.

The OGL keeps on living and so does the whole system (D20). All of course with the appropraite changes. Unfortunately, I can't say what those are, as although the edition's existence has been exposed they're only releasing more details today.

I can tell you this: in accordance with our agreement with Wizards, we are already setting things up for a translation, so that between the publication in Engiligh and in Hebrew there would be a very short time. ... Our current plan is to translate all the seven intial books of D&D 4 (no, I can't tell you what the rest are at the moment, but they are so yummy, you'll so enjoy them...). That means 2008 will be a very busy year...

danir

Explorer
Okay, it appears those initial books will include -
FR campaign setting
Dragon-related book
Magic item book
Magic book
Martial arts book.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
danir said:
Okay, it appears those initial books will include -
FR campaign setting
Dragon-related book
Magic item book
Magic book
Martial arts book.
Iiiinteresting.

FRCS: No brainer!

Dragon-Book: Well, Draconomicon was a huge success...

Magic Item Book: As well as MIC. But this means DMG will have less?

Magic Book: Hmmm... hopefully it's not too essential to play a caster...

Martial Arts Book: Goodbye monk? Exiled into a book....?

Just idle speculation...

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases