D&D 4E Rumor Control: List 4E rumors which have proven to be FALSE!

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
The rumors are flying fast and furious already - and it will be almost a year until the new edition actually gets published.

With this in mind, I think we don't just need a thread which lists the facts about the game, but also a thread which lists all the rumors that have been proven untrue by official sources.

I'll start:

- There will be no SRD for the 4E rules.

- WotC will charge license fees for using the 4E SRD.

Both rumors were disproved here.

Next?

krissbeth

First Post
olshanski said:
4th edition is a long ways off

You forgot to add: Disproved here.

James Wyatt said:
Set the wayback machine to May of 2004!

Even at that point, we knew 4th Edition was coming, though official work on it wouldn’t start for another year.

:lol:

Corporate gamers lying to fans? Nooooooooooooo! :p
Of COURSE "long ways off" and "we're not working on 4E" translates into "we've been working on it for about three years."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
krissbeth said:
Of COURSE "long ways off" and "we're not working on 4E" translates into "we've been working on it for about three years."
indeed, not to be cynical, but "officially denied" might be a better phrase in this thread than disproven or "proven FALSE!"

I am reminded of the folks in the pre-release Fantastic 4 sequel thread posting quotes to "disprove" that crazy rumor that Galactus was just going to be a big cloud, and mocking folks who didn't know it had been "Proven FALSE!" ... Guess what, Galactus was a big cloud, 4e was not a long way off and an official denial proves nothing false until I hold book and license in my hot little hands....

Glyfair

Explorer
krissbeth said:

Building from this, in this post.

"...the development and design work for 4e has been done for ~1 year, which means no work was done on it."

and

"They're in production and layout now, which in the publishing industry isn't work, but finishing touches."

Glyfair

Explorer
krissbeth said:

Building from this, in this post.

"...the development and design work for 4e has been done for ~1 year..." and "they're in production and layout now..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases