D&D Game Table not Mac-Compatible at launch

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Hi,

I took this:

Platform compatability?
Starting with PC, because there are more.

From Ashockney's excellent R&D seminar post here: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3707358&postcount=22

So it sound like us mac users won't be able to play online initially, unless we use Boot Camp of course. Pretty disappointing, if it means we'll be paying full price for limited functionality.

Of course, this quote may mean that they are working on Windows first, and the Mac compatibility may still be ready by launch. Interpret as you will.

Scribble

First Post
Shawn_Kehoe said:
Hi,

I took this:

From Ashockney's excellent R&D seminar post here: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3707358&postcount=22

So it sound like us mac users won't be able to play online initially, unless we use Boot Camp of course. Pretty disappointing, if it means we'll be paying full price for limited functionality.

Of course, this quote may mean that they are working on Windows first, and the Mac compatibility may still be ready by launch. Interpret as you will.

This obviously once again shows macs are for stupid heads. ;)

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Scribble said:
This obviously once again shows macs are for stupid heads. ;)

Fortunately .... for YOU ... I only started using a Mac last year, and was a PC user for many years before. So I can handle this ... joke. :)

The lifetime mac users are like raging Barbarians though, anger them at your peril. :D

Scribble

First Post
Shawn_Kehoe said:
Fortunately .... for YOU ... I only started using a Mac last year, and was a PC user for many years before. So I can handle this ... joke. :)

The lifetime mac users are like raging Barbarians though, anger them at your peril. :D

Yes, please mac users realize it is just a joke. In reality I have no problem with macs... They do tend to be a bit more stable... My issue is with Apple's way of doing things (IE itunes onl;y really works "right" on ipods...)

But that's a whole different thing not for this message board. :)

I hope they don't forget you guys...

borc killer

First Post
Shawn_Kehoe said:

There really is no reason to write it for Mac. If someone is converting right now they should be converting to Linux. Going from a relatively closed system to a highly draconian system is not an improvement.

*shrug*

BryonD

Hero
Shawn_Kehoe said:
:)

"Hi! I'm Mac."
"And I'm PC."
"What'cha doing there PC?"
"I"m playing this cool new D&D app. How 'bout you?"
"Me? Oh, .... nothing much."

:p

vongarr

First Post
"Pretty disappointing, if it means we'll be paying full price for limited functionality."

Wow, that should be the Mac motto.

I'd put in a smiley, but I hate them. So know that I joke.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This is pretty dumb of WotC. If millions of Web firms can make cross-platform Web-based applications and Blizzard has been producing hybrid games for more than a decade, what on earth would possess them to hire someone who couldn't do the same for the virtual tabletop?

Remove ads