• No

Votes: 74 26.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 114 41.0%
  • What is "D&D Insider"?

Votes: 5 1.8%

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
On one hand, D&D Insider does sound interesting - and I am a subscriber of Pyramid Online, the other successful online RPG magazine. Plus subscribing to D&D Insider would give me faster access to the latest developments of D&D, which would be useful since I'm writing a campaign setting of my own which I now want to be compatible to 4E.

On the other hand, $10/month isn't cheap. Pyramid clocks in at only $20/year and is thus much more affordable. I realize that D&D Insider is likely to contain more material than Pyramid, but I already spend a fair amount of time online, and I might not be able to make use of all that information either.

I am currently leaning towards subscribing, but I'm still not entirely certain about it. What about you?

Seravin

Explorer
I like the design articles and I like that they might be continuing the Demonomican articles; that's the kind of stuff I can read on the couch or away from the computer...except I can't now (short of printing it out on my own - which costs me more).

For $10/month I better get a lot of stuff that I'll actually use in my game and I'm not convinced that I'll see that. I'm willing to give it a try, but i expect I'll drop it after a month or so.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
As somebody who has pretty much been paying $10 or $15 a month for MMORPGs since '99 and would have rather been playing D&D online the entire time, yes, I will subscribe for at least long enough to give it a good shot.

I really hope I can find a good online group or two. I also think that I'm more likely to actually incorporate Dragon/Dungeon material into my TRPG campaign if it is right there ready to be integrated with the preparation tools they offer. I have about a 4-foot row of Dragon magazines sitting to my right, but for all of their wonderful content I rarely (if ever) actually use any of it in my campaigns.

the Jester

Legend
I'm definitely subscribing, though if it sucks I might drop it. But I expect that I'll get my money's worth. I'll have to print stuff out for use, though, but that's ok.

However, as yet it doesn't seem like you can join.

Yair

Community Supporter
The main barrier behind me not having a subscription to Dragon or Dungeon was the price and unpredictability of oversees shipping. With an online publication this isn't an issue, so DI is a strong possibility.

However, the price isn't inconsequential and I just don't need the content. Certainly at this stage of my life/gaming, more than previous ones. It's very much a luxury item that I currently don't have the time for and doubt I'll peruse enough to be worth it. So it's a "maybe".

Agamon

Adventurer
I voted no. But no really means, maybe while it's still free and I don't have to look at a green website. But once May hits, no means no.

More likely, I'll just come here to learn 4E news. Well, as long as they let Morrus publish it. This "You gotta be an Insider to learn that" crap is silly.

Agamon

Adventurer
Kamikaze Midget said:
Psh.

Online D&D whenever the heck I want?

Adios, WoW!

Hello $5 more per month!

???

I think I'd rather play WoW than sit down at some random time with some random DM and some random group playing some random adventure. And hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don't like MMORPGs.

Remove ads