*POLL* Do You Feel That Greyhawk is a Dead Campaign Officially?

How would You Rate Greyhawk Support?

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

It is my feeling that Greyhawk has long been dead as an official campaign world. Yes, it has been supported in the magazines, and with an occasional adventure, but not much more. Compared to the support that Forgotten Realms recieves, Greyhawk gets next to nothing, and this has been true for many years. The latest developments do not persuade me that Greyhawk will continue to be largely beaten down, ignored, and buried as an official campaign world by WOTC.

Your thoughts?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Emirikol

Adventurer
Shark,

GH is pretty much nailed shut at this point. There will always be CanonFire and the Oerth Journal, but without official support, tis' just another home campaign..no matter how large.

Sad because I enjoyed it.

jh

howandwhy99

Adventurer
It suffers from MPD. It's fans don't even agree on what it is anymore. Is it 1980/83? WARS? Late 90's? or Living Greyhawk? The setting has splintered again and again.

I think Wizards may release something for 4E, but Greyhawk adventures (as the one in the first online Dungeon) are most likely.

Howndawg

Explorer
What I would love to see is a Greyhawk setting with a first edition feel; forget about everything that happened in the world since EGG left and put out a supplement that captures the feel of the golden age of AD&D. This might bring some old grognards back into the fold.

Howndawg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If they're going to debut a setting a year, and Planescape and Greyhawk top the list of old settings people want back, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see a new Greyhawk setting book in 2010 or 2011, after Forgotten Realms and Eberron get their relaunches.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Howndawg said:
What I would love to see is a Greyhawk setting with a first edition feel; forget about everything that happened in the world since EGG left and put out a supplement that captures the feel of the golden age of AD&D. This might bring some old grognards back into the fold.
Troll Lords is promising that. We'll see how far they get with the project.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
For the entirety of D&D 3.0 and 3.5, all the material in non-Eberron or Forgotten Realms books was assumed to belong to Greyhawk by default.

While this certainly deviates from a rigidly defined canon, I've found that this Greyhawk toolkit approach has been very useful.

If someone at WotC decides to compile all the 3.0/3.5 Greyhawk fluff from these books (and Dungeon/Dragon) for 4e, it would probably be my favorite D&D book of all time.

Agamon

Adventurer
With 4E, Greyhawk is dead. RPGA is going to gut it with their wizbang LG ending extravaganza, and the core rules of 4E will not be Greyhawk, therefore generic 4E adventures will not be in Greyhawk either.

I've been using it in 3E despite inadequate support (outside Paizo), so I don't think it'd be a problem to keep running it as long as I like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases