Gaming with Gygax

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Torm said:
I am envious of all of the mods in the extreme.

Don't be envious of all of us. Some few, we happy few, were riding herd on a message board blowing up with 4e announcement drek while these guys were having their little party :p

Hussar

Legend
Rel said:
Awesome.

I might have to start doing a Foxworthyesque comedy routine at GenCon:

"If you've ever MADE your own dice rather than not game...You might be a D&D geek."

"If you've ever high fived anybody because you killed Gary Gygax's Gelatinous Cube with a Natural 20...You might be a D&D geek."

might?? :p

Great story. Sooooo jealous.

Slife

First Post
haakon1 said:
Platonic solids have been around since Greek times. Since you're in London, go check out the Imperial Science Museum (or whatever it's called) south of Hyde Park. I saw some there from like 1838 or 1738!

I bet Gary got some of those and painted numbers on.
You have it all wrong. The paint Gary used just wasn't made to last. Those are the prototypes.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Scribble said:
I have one question...

Did he roll dice to determine his reaction upon meeting you, like he did in Futurama? :p

No... but at one point, we opened the door on an empty 20x20 room...

Piratecat: "You'd think the guys who built this place could have hired some minions to build some furniture!"
Col Pladoh: "Well, I have a table with 500 random items of furniture on it, but I didn't bring it with me."
White-faced Piratecat: "Oh, n... n-no... n-n-no... I wasn't criticizing...!"

-Hyp.

Mycanid

First Post
JediSoth said:
Awesome story, Rel.

I finally managed to meet Gary this year and found him to be very gracious as he was signing my copy of D3: Vault of the Drow (I later got it signed by cover artist, Erol Otus, too...who though the interior signature of Gary Gygax was ultra-cool).

I was lame, though. I couldn't think of anything cool to say to him while I was standing there. I told him I hoped he had time to game at the con this year and he said he got to play a bit Wednesday night...your game, obviously.

JediSoth

NOW I am jealous ... Erol Otus was there too? Man ... I missed out. :(

Mycanid

First Post
Rel said:
Awesome.

I might have to start doing a Foxworthyesque comedy routine at GenCon:

"If you've ever MADE your own dice rather than not game...You might be a D&D geek."...

OMG ... I AM a total D&D geek .... :confused:

Remove ads