Gaming with Gygax

Particle_Man

Explorer
That's awesome!

I would feel jealous, but I think that all of my jealousy is being absorbed by Diaglo in some sort of weird black hole effect, so I am just left for happiness at your good fortune.

I think my favourite part was when Piratecat spilled the beans to diaglo. I could just see the look on his face now. Of course, I couldn't have been that heartless and I would have taken him along with me. Still it did make for a funny story.

As for double entendres, I found the bit about Piratecat prodding the floor with his 10 foot pole to be the second funniest part of the thread!

A great story Rel. It had a lot of LOL moments for me. :D

Olaf the Stout

Fenris

Adventurer
You know, if you had raffled off, or put up for bid a single spot at that table, you could have probably covered Morrus' server bills for several months :D

Glyfair

Explorer
BTW, this thread has caused Erik Mona to post his GenCon experience with Gary on his blog.

(Nothing he hasn't already posted on this thread).

wedgeski

Adventurer
Ah, jealousy, thou art a fickle mistress. :)

What can I say? I would wager that very few memories of my own will ever remain as vivid as that one will for you. Nice one guys, and nice one EGG.

RabidBob

First Post
Piratecat said:
And it turned out that Gary was running us through the first dungeon he ever created. And using his original d20 to do it.

Ok, just one question. Where on earth did you get d20ies in 1838 when he wrote the rules??

rossik

Explorer
Glyfair said:
BTW, this thread has caused Erik Mona to post his GenCon experience with Gary on his blog.

(Nothing he hasn't already posted on this thread).

LOL...very funny stuff in there, like this:

The best moment by far was, an hour into this parade of happiness and humility, a guy comes up and looks over our Planet Stories line. "Would you like to have a book autographed by Mr. Gygax?" I asked.

The guy looks at the book, looks at Gary blankly, and says "I'm not familiar with your work. I'll have to look it up."

Gary crumples his face a little bit and, with a gruff chuckle, says "Try DUNGEONS & DRAGONS!"

very good blog entry

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Awesome story, Rel.

I finally managed to meet Gary this year and found him to be very gracious as he was signing my copy of D3: Vault of the Drow (I later got it signed by cover artist, Erol Otus, too...who though the interior signature of Gary Gygax was ultra-cool).

I was lame, though. I couldn't think of anything cool to say to him while I was standing there. I told him I hoped he had time to game at the con this year and he said he got to play a bit Wednesday night...your game, obviously.

JediSoth

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases