RapidPod & GenCon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWizard

First Post
TheLe said:
That's great.

I wish I would have gotten a the samples that were promised to me via email and in person when I met him. I am assuming I wasn't big enough in the publishing industry to get to matter.

Regardless, I'd still be interested to hear from publishers who used RapidPod for Gencon last week.

On that note, if publishers didn't use Rapid Pod, then I wonder who they did use this year for Gencon? Like Cathix, I have also had a lot of luck with LuLu (even though I was not at Gencon), and Avalon Printing has been great with their communications with me.

`Le

Due to the buyout, and the fact that Gen Con is so close to San Deigo Comic Con, the new owners did not take on any Gen Con Work this year. Rapid POD honored only 4 contracts for GEN CON this year.

I hope that helps you on your quest.

lmpjr007

Explorer
DaWizard said:
Due to the buyout, and the fact that Gen Con is so close to San Deigo Comic Con, the new owners did not take on any Gen Con Work this year. Rapid POD honored only 4 contracts for GEN CON this year.

Well, Ken to be totally honest I sent you a job 10 weeks ago that was finally sent to my fullifilment house this week. I call SEVERAL times about this job, that I PREPAID for and got the run around. I sent you e-mails and left phone call messages but I never heard back from you. I finally started hearing back from Le a few weeks ago. The first two projects I did with you were slow, but OK. This time you totally dropped the ball.

Ken you are a great salesman, that is without question. But the problem is that you promise way too much and deliever a little. Ten weeks late for a job the should have been done in 2 weeks AND no calls from you? Now that is just silly.

Bardsandsages

First Post
DaWizard said:

That's...repulsive. So basically what you are saying is Rapid POD fullfills contractual obligations when it feels like it? WOW...just...wow...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
DaWizard said:
Dont worry about it, I am use to taking abuse on-line:)

-Ken

Why do you get that much abuse online? As a small press publisher I am constantly monitoring the situations with various options for small press runs. I have read of only one or two isolated incidents where someone found working with you at least adequate, no more favorable incidents, plenty of bad experiences.

lmpjr007 said:
Ken you are a great salesman, that is without question.

There's certainly no question in my mind. A bad salesman does not keep his promises, an adequate salesman honors all deals made, good salesman honors all deals made and then some, a great salesman goes above and beyond honoring all deals made and you name a child after him. Please adjust your use of adjectives accordingly.

TheLe

First Post
Mark said:
There's certainly no question in my mind. A bad salesman does not keep his promises, an adequate salesman honors all deals made, good salesman honors all deals made and then some, a great salesman goes above and beyond honoring all deals made and you name a child after him. Please adjust your use of adjectives accordingly.

That's not true. A salesman is someone who can convince a customer to give him or her money in the promise of goods or services to be delivered to the customer. It is really a quantitative measure.

That has nothing to do with whether the goods and services arrive, nor does it have anything to do with the quality of those goods and services.

For example, the prostitute across the street from my old apartment was a great salesperson. That has nothing to do with the quality of her services, nor does it reflect whether she actually delivered what she promised to her customer.

I'm not saying Rapid Pod and Ken Whitman are prostitutes. I am just using my example to support my argument.

`Le

lmpjr007

Explorer
TheLe said:
For example, the prostitute across the street from my old apartment was a great salesperson. That has nothing to do with the quality of her services, nor does it reflect whether she actually delivered what she promised to her customer.
As always le your understanding of the situation is excellent.

Mark

TheLe said:
That's not true. A salesman is someone who can convince a customer to give him or her money in the promise of goods or services to be delivered to the customer. It is really a quantitative measure.

True. But once you add an adjective, you turn from the quantitative to the qualitative and more than just promises are required to be more than just adequate; to be more than just a salesman.

DaWizard

First Post
Mark said:
True. But once you add an adjective, you turn from the quantitative to the qualitative and more than just promises are required to be more than just adequate; to be more than just a salesman.

I am no longer with Rapid POD so the point is mute.

They have hired a nice sales lady who very sweet and knows little about the gaming industry, however, she does have a great understanding in digital printing. Her name is Nikole Bennitt and her number is 502.212.6258.

Use them if you like, or not, I'm already sipping margaretas on the beach!!!

Good luck all,
Ken Whitman

Last edited:

Mark

DaWizard said:
I am no longer with Rapid POD so the point is mute.

(. . .)

Use them if you like, or not, I'm already sipping margaretas on the beach!!!

Good luck all,
Ken Whitman

I believe "moot" is the word you seek.

TheLe

First Post
Mark said:

Right, but a "salesman" is still defined as someone who can "make the sale". So a good salesman is simply someone who can get a lot of sales. And a bad salesman doesn't get many sales at all.

What you are referring to is a "businessman".

Lets expand on my previous example with the Prostitute. If Boobies McNipples gets a lot of sales each night, that makes her a good sales-person. If her clients are unhappy with her products and/or services, they will probably never return (or beat her up) -- that's just bad business.

Happy Holly, on the other hand, gets only half the clients in a single night as Boobies McNipples, but Holly gets repeat business due to high customer satisfaction... well then that's good business.

In the first example, Boobies McNipples is an excellent sales-person because she gets lots of customers all the time, but they never return. So she is forced to constantly move around to different corners and look for new clients or perhaps offer different products/services. She is still a great sales-person because she can get the new clients, but she cannot keep them so her business is questionable.

Happy Holly, on the other hand, slowly grows her customer base while focusing on her repeat clients. She may be a weaker sales-person due to slower sales, but that is okey because the business itself is stable and has consistent growth. Hers is a business plan that is built to last a long time.

No puns intended.

~Le

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases