D&D 4E Remove danger from 4E!!1!1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebrim

Legend
I think PC's shold be immune to lucky hits, any blow that kills a character in one hit, failed saving throws, energy drain, crippling effects, paralyzation, mind effecting spells, death magic, mutilation, and lethal ability damage. All of these thigs are unfair and unfun, having clunky old-fashioned mechanics, and they don't enhance the game. Many of these things kill characters dead, or if they don't, they are worse than death!!! Futhermore, I think raise dead ought to be a 1st level spell and carry no penalty, because character death just ruins everyone's fun. Furthermore, there should be an official no TPK rule, because no one really enjoys a TPK, so we should just do away with them. Additionally, characters should never run out of resources. Tracking ammunition, food, water, encumbrance, spells, and hit points just slows down the game. No one wants to do that sort of tedious book keeping, and the game would get much simplier if we just did away with them. When a player suffers an ill-effect that should just become fatigued or stunned. It's a proven system that has worked in other game systems before, and its time that D&D became a fully modern game system. And before anyone argues that fatigue is unfun and worse than death, let me say that I agree, but that there has to be some serious risk in the game or else what would be the point?

But maybe we can revise the fatigue rules so that they aren't too burdensome.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Please go read the sticky thread. This is exactly the sort of thread I'd like to avoid, please -- one that adds nothing to the signal::noise ratio. You're better off expressing your disagreement in one of the threads that you're trying to mock.

Email me with questions, issues or complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads