[Podcast] Announcing The Digital Front Podcast

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
For immediate release.

ANNOUNCING THE DIGITAL FRONT PODCAST

August 29, 2007; Miami Beach, Florida: The Digital Front, a new podcast covering the electronically-distributed tabletop gaming market, has launched with a first episode featuring an interview with Steve Wieck.

Hosted by Daniel M. Perez, The Digital Front is a podcast that addresses the e-distributed tabletop gaming market, one of the fastest growing segments of the gaming industry. The show features news from e-publishers and e-retailers, as well as anything having to do with the market; interviews with publishers and retailers doing business in the e-distributed gaming market; reviews of digital gaming products for tabletop gaming done by ex-RPGnow Staff Reviewer Mark Gedak; and general editorials exploring the state of this segment of the industry, and where it is headed.

The show is scheduled to release new episodes on a bi-weekly basis, with the occassional bonus episode from time to time. The podcast is being produced by Highmoon Media Productions, a media studio and publisher of roleplaying games also owned by Mr. Perez.

Publishers and e-retailers interested in scheduling an interview, or adding the podcast to their press list, please send an email to daniel@thedigitalfront.com. Publishers interested in submiting their products for review, please send an email or a download link to reviews@thedigitalfront.com.

Link to Podcast: http://www.thedigitalfront.com
Link to Podcast Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDigitalFront

ABOUT THE DIGITAL FRONT PODCAST
Hosted by Daniel M. Perez, with reviews by Mark Gedak, The Digital Front is a podcast exploring the growing electronically-distributed tabletop gaming market. Each episode features editorial content covering the e-distributed gaming market, as well as interviews with the companies doing business in this field, and reviews of the latest gaming products available for download. You can find more information at www.thedigitalfront.com.

# # #

MEDIA CONTACT: Daniel M. Perez, daniel@thedigitalfront.com, 206-350-4441.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Absolutely thrilled to see this launch, Daniel. We've needed a quality podcast concentrating on the ePublishing side of the business.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Thanks, Gareth. I have to say that it was my conversation with Steve and with you, along with the talk we had over dinner at the restaurant that gave me the idea. I hope publishers and e-tailers embrace the concept so that the show can be all it can, and thus truly deliver both great information and a great product.

And your interview is coming soon. :)

FraserRonald

Explorer
HalWhitewyrm said:
I hope publishers and e-tailers embrace the concept so that the show can be all it can, and thus truly deliver both great information and a great product.

Dude, you know I'm loving this. If this is half as good as The Gamer Traveler, I have another subscription for the old podcatcher. I both love and hate you for that reason . . . but lost more love.

Looking forward to hearing these for a long time to come.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Charles and Fraser, thanks a lot for the kind words (Fraser, expect your check in the mail, dude ;) ).

This will be a bit easier to do than The Gamer Traveler; that show is very pre-production intensive, which is why I can't just do it off the cuff. The Digital Front is more free-form, not to mention that I already have material for the first 4 shows, and I'm sure to be recording more interviews very soon. I'm almost tempted to make it a weekly, but I don't want to overcommit. Besides, it's good to have people waiting. ;)

I certainly hope you all like it, and that you'll also help make it a great show.

FraserRonald

Explorer
HalWhitewyrm said:
I'm almost tempted to make it a weekly, but I don't want to overcommit.

Yeah, we started Accidental Survivors as weekly, but it was just too much. The editing really takes time.

Don't overcommit, we really don't want burn-out!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases