Age of Worms AP?

First Post
I was looking at the first adventure in the Age of Worms AP yesterday, and I liked what I saw. Not being a Dungeon subscriber, though, I'd have to buy an awful lot of back issues to get the whole adventure path. Anyone know if there are plans to release a single book that gathers up all the adventures together or anything like that?

BlackMoria

First Post
There were plans. Paizo needs permission from WOTC to do the hardcover and sought the permission. WOTC has not responded to the Paizo request for sometime. Reason unknown.

Noone knows what the announcement of 4E means to these plans. Some believe that it will fast track the hardcover to acceptance since, in essence, WOTC is leaving the 3.5 market with the move to the new edition. Others believe the announcement means that any hope of a hardcover for the Age of Worms is dead.

Check the Paizo message boards for the latest. In the Age of Worms discussion board, there is a thread relating to the wish for a hardcover and any newer information than what I revealed will be found there.

BlackMoria

First Post
Is it at least possible to, in pdf format, buy the whole AP?

As in a compilation - No. Same reasons as for the hardcover - needs WOTC approval.

As individual issues of Dungeon - Yes, provided the physical magazine is sold out. Unless things have changed, Paizo cannot sell a PDF of an issue of Dungeon unless all physical issues are sold out.

BlackMoria said:
As individual issues of Dungeon - Yes, provided the physical magazine is sold out. Unless things have changed, Paizo cannot sell a PDF of an issue of Dungeon unless all physical issues are sold out.
They have changed that policy. You can buy the entire AoW path in PDF format.

ShinHakkaider said:
Okay I see what you mean. Still you might want to clarify because to me it sounds like you can buy the AP specifically when in actuality the issues that contain the AP are available as PDFs.

This aught to clear things up a bit on Paizo's position as far as the AOW AP goes. Lisa Stevens comments are near the end of this particular thread.
Let me ad to that. When you purchase a PDF copy of an issue, you actually purchase a zip file containing PDF copies of each article. Thus, you can effectively have each part of the AoW AP as a seperate PDF store independently of the rest of the issue, which effectively gives you the AoW campaign in PDF format rather than buried in a PDF of the issue in which each part was published.

Remove ads