High quality land maps?

RiTz21

Explorer
I am thinking of publishing a board game, which requires (amongst other things) a high-quality "overland map" for the board.

I've been checking out all the various fantasy map makers, and I was wondering if anyone had comments on those. I saw Campaign Cartographer 3 (which looks good, but complex, and has no demo for v3), Fractal Mapper (which doesn't look as good as the others) and Dundjinni (which seems more appropriate for small scale maps).

Any suggestions?

Yes I have considered doing it on a contract basis, but I don't have the $ funds for a high priced artist.

RiTz21

Last edited:

Pyrandon

First Post
Over at the Cartographer's Guild there's also a "Request for Maps" area in which you can describe your needs & ask if anyone would be interested in doing it (either for $ or for free--the latter being less popular, of course, but still not unreasonable if your project interests/excited people who already love making maps!)

Good luck! :)

Ishmayl

First Post
Yeah, those guys over at the Cartographers Guild are great and friendly. Lots of people over there are getting a ton of help with their maps; I highly recommend them to anyone looking for tips on map-making, or even just requests for maps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases