Aundair raiders - Game started.

Mista Collins

First Post
If you allow psionics, the concept I have in mind would be a telepath character who's task during the Last War was counter-intelligence. He would have served the Royal Eyes of Aundair directly, using his skills to read the thoughts of captured enemies.

He could have been working with a platoon, where he would have read the thoughts of captured scouts, hoping to learn of advancing enemy regiments.

If you would prefer not to have psionics in your game, the other concept I have would be a ranger who's hatred for Thrane drove him to enlist with Aundair and fight in the front ranks of the war.

Just tossing the brief concepts out there. I tried emailing you, but it was returned undeliverable. EDIT: I noticed why it was returned so I went and resent it.

Last edited:

Eryndur

Explorer
This all depends on your allowable sources, but I'd love to play a paladin/gray guard (from Complete Scoundrel). A once idealistic holy warrior of Dol Dorn who only now, after years of unrelenting horror, realizes that in order to mete out justice, "other" methods are sometimes necessary. He would've been a hard-bitten sergeant during the war, but has since learned the value of circumspection and discretion in his duties. He is absolutely single-minded in his hatred of the Church of the Silver Flame, having witnessed countless atrocities in its name during the war.

What level are we shooting for, and what allowable sources? I know we're just throwing out concepts, but it'd help to get a picture.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hmm I was thinking about a warforged artificer. He could have been the one that repair the other warforged in the same company as the others characters, and with the end of the war, he joined them by free will, in which ever enterprise they get on. For example, serving as crew of a noblemans air ship.
Maybe if any of you would like to play a warforged, it could be even more fun.
Its a thought, tell me if theres anything that don't work about it.

James Heard

Explorer
I think it's worth noting that it might be premature to focus solely on "kicking Thrane's behinds" with dedicated concepts maybe? DrZ did say that there would be multiple factions and to so solely strike up arms against any single one of them might be a little...reckless maybe? Aundair had more enemies besides those dirty Flame cultists in the last war.

Yeah, learning what books and sources we're allowed to draw from (and roughly what level we're talking about) would help in posting character concepts too.

Drerek

First Post
I'm thinking elf also, maybe the monk's brother or cousin. Present for the fall of Thaliost. Either a Diviner/Loremaster or Fighter/Sorcerer/Arcane Archer.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Drerek said:
I'm thinking elf also, maybe the monk's brother or cousin. Present for the fall of Thaliost. Either a Diviner/Loremaster or Fighter/Sorcerer/Arcane Archer.

I'd be happy to play brothers with you. We need to work out some shared background. I was actually thinking about a monastery that was very consentrated on martial ways. Something like Shaolin. I must say that a loremaster would fit damn well to a monastery. Afterall there must be also those who put the emphazis on knowledge and meditation.

Eryndur

Explorer
James Heard said:
I think it's worth noting that it might be premature to focus solely on "kicking Thrane's behinds" with dedicated concepts maybe? DrZ did say that there would be multiple factions and to so solely strike up arms against any single one of them might be a little...reckless maybe? Aundair had more enemies besides those dirty Flame cultists in the last war.

Yeah, you're right. Don't want to go too full steam. My guy's got plenty of butt-whuppin' ready for those dirty Eldeen land stealers, too! :cool:

ethandrew

First Post
I've been watching this thread from the get-go and I don't check it for a day and everything's been decided upon. I do like the Aundairian Nationalists idea, it has great potential to dive into a lot of aspects unique to Eberron.

As for potential character, I'm feeling a human marshall. His parents served in the war as officers and so he would be around the military lifestyle. He grew up hearing about the Epic of the Valiant and Vigilant, much like all other Aundairians, and vowed to serve the country. His pride of Aundair and love for its people is equaled by Thrane's zeal for their church. Watching countless friends fall in the war, he grew closer to those few of his platoon that remained.

Jemal

Adventurer
Repeat of a question asked earlier : What level is it starting at, and are you expecting it to be going for a while (IE characters leveling up numerous times)?

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
My concepts:

1 A scion of house Orien (or Lyrandar, if we need a pilot) who doesn't get along with his family very well. He went behind their backs and signed up for the Aundarian Army to impress some local girls. All of his buddies he signed up with died, but he managed to survive. He showed some Arcane Talent early on, so he was recruited into one of Aundair's many combat-wizard agencies.

If Orien (Daen d'Orien) Though his early training is in marshal pursuits, his skill as a wizard was apparant very early on. He has been trained in some of the finest Orien and Aundarian travel-magic, and has learned a decent variety of spells designed to be cast in armor. He is a very mobile combatant and uses his magic tactically to either get himself where trouble is and fight his way out of it, or fight his way into trouble, and then leave quickly when the time to be scarce arrives. The fact that he manifested a mark while in the service troubled his family, and while his involvement didn't overtly break the non-involvement laws of the Dragonmarked houses, they are sometimes unsure where his loyalty really is. His comrades in arms know he is loyal as he has gotten them into and out of a number of VERY sticky situations again and again. His DM house background means he's familiar with politics, all the same, he sees himself as little more than a simple soldier whose first loyalty is to Aundair, second loyalty is to his fellow soldiers, and his House and own self fall somewhat lower on the list. As such, he will never rise very high in House Orien. (his build would probably be a fighter 1/Wizard X. If one day we got PRCs, he'd likely pursue Wayfarer Guide from Complete Arcane as an ancient collection of House Orien Travel Magic secrets.)

If Lyrandar (Sir Sarelo d'Lyrandar) Seeing the sacrifice so many of his friends made in the name of Aundair, and bolstered by the atrocities other nations commited against the country he served, he was knighted a Cavalier in Aundair's service, hoping, eventually, to become one of the few, the proud, the Knight Phantoms. Along the way, however, he manifests a dragon mark, and his nation finds a better use for him--as the pilot of an airship. Still hopeful of being granted Knight Phantom training, he serves his country in the best way he knows how, by spell and by sword. He'd probably have only met any of the other characters before they worked together as a unit if they are cavalry/dragoon type units. Otherwise, he first met them when he was brought on to pilot the Airship in Aundair's service. He tends to be forth-wright with his dealings, which means that he is rarely expected to take the lead in most of the "black-ops" work they are expected to do. However, when it comes to diplomacy, pretending to be a reputable bunch of merchants/traders/explorers, or a straight-up fight, Sir Sarelo is your man. (His build is very open-ended. Knight 2/Wizard 5, Knight 2/Sorcerer 6, and Knight 2/Bard 7 (if you'll allow non-lawful bards) before pursuing Knight Phantom (if allowed) and/or Dragon-marked Heir (if knight phantom is not o.k.) are all very appealing to me. Replacing any of those builds with Fighter 1 in place of Knight 2 would also make me plenty happy.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases