Death of the Dragons IC





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 243
  1. #1

    Death of the Dragons IC

    [early spring]
    It's a cloudy day in the McNeil Region, the town wizard, with one of his many strange instruments, predicts rain for the day. Farmers are planting their crops and trees. A convoy of wagons has arrived, filled with weapons and supplies for the for the Inn and shops. It is midday.

    [Emi]
    Besides a wizard and another sorcerer, you are the only magic user in McNeil Village. Today has been a busy day, with helping the inn-keeper unload supplies from the carvans, which wouldnt be back for another season. She would have had her son help, but he was off visiting his human father and wasn't supposed to be back for a few more hours.

    [Vimo]
    Being 'part' of the local guard, you have been assigned to the Wyndia/McNeil CrossRoad. So far all that has happened was the passing the the caravan, selling some things here before going to Wyndia. You are about to call it a day, when you see Bunyan,a man seeming way to big for a hum come hurring up the path, somthing in his arms.
    Vimo

    Unless you want to be, you aren't part of the guard, they just hire you when they are short, becaue almost everyone in the guard is a farmer.


    [James]
    You were traveling back from the Duana Mine after a visit with your 'father'. Wanting to get there quickly, you decided to cut through Cedar Woods. Not five hours of traveling and you were ambuished by and orc hunting party, causing you to lose all but but you dagger. After a half-hour of traveling, you come apon a camp set up in the woods.

    [Navar-Eth]
    It has been a typical day for you, hunting orcs. You suprised a group running somewhere, and dispatched them.You arrive at this forest a month ago, and have seen some strange sights,the most common being a were-tiger who has often stopped by you for mild healings and conversation. Today, the trees tell you that the first rain this season is coming.

    [Gorgoroth]
    As you enter McNeils Village, a young man bumps into you. After apologizing, he quickly runs from the village. After walking down a short hill, you are in the center of the town, from here you see things going on, a young mage helping a middle aged woman unload supplies from a wagon. A blacksmith busy exchanging weapons for leather and iron. Looking south out of town, you see farmland. Most shops have left their doors open, welcoming the breeze. As you stand there you feel a drop of rain
    Last edited by hellrazor111; Sunday, 2nd September, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
    My games

    Games I DM:
    Death of the Dragons OOC RG
    Games I'm in:
    Tiax in Answering the Call OOC RG
    Syfer in Wildwood OOC

    [LEW] Cray Heartly-Paladin Currently at the RDI

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    WarShrike's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Frontenac
    Posts
    860

    Ignore WarShrike
    Look over there Bronk, says Navar-Eth, chatting good humoredly with the large ape sitting beside him. Looks like the first rains are comming. About time too, the lands are thirsty. Not to mention the rainfall will help to wash away the stink of these orcs. He turns to face Bronk squarely. They smell even worse dead than they did when they were alive. Bronk says nothing but appears to agree with him. Lets head over towards the town. Its not like we're out of arrows, but i think we should check up on them. Bronk whoops his approval. He really likes the town.

    hellrazor111
    I'm making a Track check to see if the Orcs were originally moving towards the town: 1d20+12=16


    Spells
    I've memorized the following spells:
    Lvl 0: (Save DC 13) Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Know Direction, Purify Food and Drink.
    Lvl 1: (Save DC 14) Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle.
    Lvl 2: (Save DC 15) Barkskin, Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone.
    Last edited by WarShrike; Wednesday, 5th September, 2007 at 07:40 AM.

  • #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WarShrike
    hellrazor111
    I'm making a Track check to see if the Orcs were originally moving towards the town. Do you want me to roll all my checks or just the ones where it doesn't matter if i know i failed (like combat)? Either way, my Track mod is +12.
    WarShrike

    I'll roll this one unless you want to, post answer in the OCC


    from now on, you can roll your own, or if you want I can roll it for you
    My games

    Games I DM:
    Death of the Dragons OOC RG
    Games I'm in:
    Tiax in Answering the Call OOC RG
    Syfer in Wildwood OOC

    [LEW] Cray Heartly-Paladin Currently at the RDI

  • #4
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,396
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    "Uuugghf!" Emi sets the heavy flour bag on the stoop of the inn's side door and leans against its stone and mortar wall for a moment to catch her breath. Her arms ached from the lifting and carrying. Her fingers were sore from where her claws kept catching in coarse sacks and getting pinched underneath barrels. Her back muscles were cramping from keeping her wings bound tightly under a heavy cloak.

    She wasn't happy.

    But there was a price to be paid for some of the goodwill afforded to Mahda, the village healer and her adopted mother. People came to her when they needed help, and she was too old to do things like this herself. So Emi got sent instead. And really, she didn't mind. Sometimes the work was hard, but she liked helping people...or more specifically, she liked the gratitude and praise received at the end. It could have been so different...with her freakishness. She had to work hard to make sure people saw her as the helpful healer's apprentice.

    Instead of a monster.

    So Emi massaged her hands, and got back to it, hoping help would arrive soon.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314

    Ignore Mista Collins
    Wrapping his cloak closer to his body, Vimo tries to fight the chills of early spring. Soon the weather will be getting warmer and the bandits a little more greedy. Covering a yawn with his hand, Vimo spots Bunyan hurrying up the path with something in tow. Curious to what it is the man is carrying, Vimo calls out. "Bunyan! What's the hurry, good man? Moving faster isn't gonna help the summer come any sooner."

    Walking over to the man, Vimo tries to spot what is in his arms and offers him some help. "I'm heading back to town, you need any help carry what is in your arms? My muscles could use the work. It has been a slow day."

  • #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor111
    [early spring]
    It's a cloudy day in the McNeil Region, the town wizard, with one of his many strange instruments, predicts rain for the day. Farmers are planting their crops and trees. A convoy of wagons has arrived, filled with weapons and supplies for the for the Inn and shops. It is midday.

    [Gorgoroth]
    As you enter McNeils Village, a young man bumps into you. After apologizing, he quickly runs from the village. After walking down a short hill, you are in the center of the town, from here you see things going on, a young mage helping a middle aged woman unload supplies from a wagon. A blacksmith busy exchanging weapons for leather and iron. Looking south out of town, you see farmland. Most shops have left their doors open, welcoming the breeze. As you stand there you feel a drop of rain
    Gorgonoth approaches the young mage and the woman: "Greetings! Would you let a traveller help you, in exchange for information?", he says, with a playful smile. Grabbing a bundle and helping with the unloading, he continues: "I'm looking for an inn where I can rest, and get a decent pint of ale. Any recommendations?"

  • #7
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,396
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Emi whirls, almost dropping the cask in her hands, at the unexpected accosting. When she hears his pitch though, she breaks into a sunny smile and self-consciously adjusts the handkerchief that keeps her long golden hair bound up and out of the way. She's wearing an odd combination of light, summery clothes and a heavy cloak.

    "Well, there's this inn," she says, indicating the building she and the other woman are toting the supplies into. "And I don't know about her, but I'd be happy for some help."

    She looks at the innkeeper woman and says, "What do you think? If he pitches in, we might get the rest of this inside before it starts raining too hard. That's got to be worth a room, right?"

  • #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuri
    She looks at the innkeeper woman and says, "What do you think? If he pitches in, we might get the rest of this inside before it starts raining too hard. That's got to be worth a room, right?"
    Gorgonoth is initially taken aback by Emi's looks (occ: with 18 cha, she's a fox!). Obviously destabilized, he stumbles on his words:"Hmm, well, er, I was not expecting such charming company!". Regaining some composure, he turns his head towards the older woman with a smile:"tell you what, I'll take the room, and I'll invite the two of you for a round of ale once we're done here."

  • #9
    [Emi]
    I'll be greatful for any help he can offer, says the inn keeper as she brings in a bag. though there isn't much left, but we wouldn't be finished before it really starts raining.

    [Vimo]
    It would be helpful if you could take him to the healer. replies Bunyan theres been an attack, I think it was orcs and I want to investigate he hands you the badly cut body in his arms, only a child of 8 or 9 Orc attacks aren't rare, but on someone so young... please take him to the healer imidiately he says before running off in the direction he came.

    [James]
    You can only find whats lying around. As you search, you hear a growl from behind you, then, a demanding voice asks What are you doing in my camp? Turning around you see a tall man, well built with orange hair and yellow eyes. Hes wearing simple clothes.

    [Navar-Eth]
    Though the direction they were heading wasn't the village, you notice one set of lighter track going the direction they were. Whoever they were following wasn't smart though, for the direction hes headed will eventually lead to where a pack of currs had currently located themselves.
    Spoiler:

    Currs are what the people of this world call hellhounds


    [Gorgonoth]
    I'll take that offer, but first we must finish this here. says the woman If you could, would you move those in, she says pointing to 3 barrels. Getting close to them you can easily tell that these contain alcohol. She give you a few more tasks , obviously giving you most of the heavier things befor returning to work herself
    Spoiler:

    Nothings too heavy for you to carry so no strength check is required
    Last edited by hellrazor111; Thursday, 6th September, 2007 at 02:54 PM.
    My games

    Games I DM:
    Death of the Dragons OOC RG
    Games I'm in:
    Tiax in Answering the Call OOC RG
    Syfer in Wildwood OOC

    [LEW] Cray Heartly-Paladin Currently at the RDI

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    WarShrike's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Frontenac
    Posts
    860

    Ignore WarShrike
    "Look Bronk, this other pair of tracks is leading straight towards the Curr's lair" exclaims Navar-Eth. "Perhaps they belong to our Were-friend. It does enjoy a good fight, but i hadn't thought it had a deathwish." He studies the tracks anew, but the ground is hard and unyielding, and he discovers nothing new. Navar-Eth has been loath to deal with the Currs in the past even though they were both an unnatural and destructive force in these woods. "Currs Bronk. Is it worth it for just one person?" Bronk, as usual, says nothing, but growls at the mention of the Currs. "You're right Bronk, we should have dealt with them long ago. How are we supposed to protect the land by allowing these demonic beasts to dwell here. Lets see if we can catch up to this fellow before it's too late, then we'll see about the Currs." Without annother word, the pair race allong the tracks, but they dont truely need the tracks, for they know precisely where they are heading.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Death of the dragons (OOC)
      By hellrazor111 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 412
      Last Post: Friday, 19th March, 2010, 10:25 PM
    2. Death of the Dragons
      By hellrazor111 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 289
      Last Post: Monday, 8th February, 2010, 09:02 PM
    3. Death of the Dragons RG
      By hellrazor111 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th October, 2009, 06:58 PM
    4. Death of the Dragons
      By hellrazor111 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 50
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th May, 2008, 01:20 AM
    5. Death of the Dragons
      By hellrazor111 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Saturday, 1st September, 2007, 05:21 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •