Discussion - LEW 4th Edition

Phoenix8008

First Post
Welcome back, Creamsteak. I know I've seen you around alot along time ago, but can't remember where for sure. You didn't by chance used to be involved in the YB! martial arts fighting game several years back here on ENworld? That's what my vague memories are whispering to me, but they've been wrong before... :)

Erekose13

Explorer
WB Creamsteak, I certainly remember you when I first got my start in PbP here and in LEW. I'm with Manzanita on the not incredibly active judges, with my new promotion (just started today) it'll become increasingly more difficult to devote my full energy to it. But I do want to stick around and keep up the world that you've had such a big hand in creating.

Wik

First Post
Creamsteak said:
It's been a long long time since I've posted on these boards. I assume only a handful of people still remember me.

I wanted to drop by and say hi.

My input, whether needed or not, is that LEW should stay 3.5 and continue till people stop playing essentially. Let it play out on it's own.

However, I would ALSO suggest starting a new game with similar mechanics (living setting pbp game hosted on the enworld boards, persistant characters) with a lot of the same core ideas as LEW. I would start this before the actual release, preferably with some planning by the judges during these 9 months before the books hit store shelves. Possibly some development of setting and similar decisions (non-crunch stuff), and general rules. Then when the books start coming out (and especially when they give us something like the SRD to access) begin the actual games.

Oh yeah, hi again. I totally feel like this post is some complete stranger jumping in after months, spouting his mouth off, then disappearing back into the shadows.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter, too. I'd love to get in on LEW2, 4e. But I think that world should be completely different than LEW.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well whenever we start drafting up LEW4E, make sure I'm informed whether I'm still being active here or not. I'm definitely up for joining and helping develop that. I think there is a LOT of potential in the idea.

Someone

Adventurer
Wik said:
That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter, too. I'd love to get in on LEW2, 4e. But I think that world should be completely different than LEW.

LEW world after some hundred years - trade routes are now haunted by goblins and monsters, so people fear to travel outside cities and towns, gnomes and bards are extinct and tieflings are a common sight. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
LEW world after some hundred years - trade routes are now haunted by goblins and monsters, so people fear to travel outside cities and towns, gnomes and bards are extinct and tieflings are a common sight. :D
I think that's a poor idea--it basically destroys the future of LEW while simultaneously denying us the ability to create an entirely new world. As someone who enjoys world-building and has used Chronomancy as a plot hook in an adventure, these are bad things in my mind ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
I think that's a poor idea--it basically destroys the future of LEW while simultaneously denying us the ability to create an entirely new world. As someone who enjoys world-building and has used Chronomancy as a plot hook in an adventure, these are bad things in my mind ;)
Then you know the answer.

ENWorld... in the future... in an alternate dimension! DUH-DUH-DUH! :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Then you know the answer.

ENWorld... in the future... in an alternate dimension! DUH-DUH-DUH! :D
But I'm using those too! (Okay, not all of them :p)

Still, I think starting from scratch would be cooler. I like building stuff and trying things that are new.

Hmmm...I just had an interesting thought, but the death of gnomes would be troublesome--a while back, ENWorlders created a beautiful setting called Eyros that never got published because the game-writing talents of our main editor were recognised by Wizards and they kept hiring him to freelance. But it's still up on the boards and on a Wiki. And Eyros is 95% fluff, or more. If not for the loss of gnomes, we could totally try a 4e conversion--it has cool stuff like Halfling Pirates, Orc and Human noble houses, childlike Elven slaves, etc. And the Psionic Dwarves are in hiding, so that could explain why we don't allow Psionics for a while until WotC writes it up. Actually, converting Gnomes shouldn't be too difficult, especially since they were modified anyway. Tieflings would fit in although they aren't here right now, though there are a rare but sizable number of Half Gnome / Half Fiendish Dryad Necromancers around thanks to the work of one particular Fiendish Dryad Necromancer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases