An idea for a sci-fi setting...

Narkaious

First Post
Hoping for feedback and thoughts to help me flesh it out,
Thanks.

PC's all have mental powers and are being held and tested on by some organization.
They have no memory of before(or at least that is the current idea). I hope they plan an escape or something like that. I don't know does anyone think this could work?

System:d20 pulling together whatever I think works.
Party:2 maybe 3 players

any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Okay. . . what's the idea?

[Edit: When I first responded, the OP hadn't laid out any details, just a request for development help.]

Last edited:

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Narkaious said:
Hoping for feedback and thoughts to help me flesh it out,
Thanks.

PC's all have mental powers and are being held and tested on by some organization.
They have no memory of before(or at least that is the current idea). I hope they plan an escape or something like that. I don't know does anyone think this could work?

System:d20 pulling together whatever I think works.
Party:2 maybe 3 players

any thoughts appreciated.

See John Byrne's NEXT MEN and the introductory section of BALDUR'S GATE II - those follow that same path and are great for mining ideas.

Narkaious

First Post
thanks TDD, JBNM is kinda what I'm looking for. I'm hoping the PC's remain trapped in the lab for at least a few sessions. I was also wondering if anyone has tried anything like this.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Narkaious said:
thanks TDD, JBNM is kinda what I'm looking for. I'm hoping the PC's remain trapped in the lab for at least a few sessions. I was also wondering if anyone has tried anything like this.

Well there's "anything like this" in a broader sense; you're setting up the same basic premise that some DM's use when they run METAMORPHOSIS ALHPA, that essentially what you think is real isn't.

THE MATRIX while far from one of my favorite films, is another good place to look for ideas.

I myself haven't tried the big reveal kind of game, but I think it's doable with a few gotchas you should watch out for (namely that the reveal isn't a massive let-down).

Narkaious

First Post
I'm not really going for a big reveal so much as a tense "behind enemy lines" type feel. the whole no memory thing is a way for me to be lazy(very big rail-roading, just to get things going though.)

*EDIT*Thinking it over I will probably use the Force system from SE, with madness instead of the Dark Side. obviously some tweaking is needed but it's partially there.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases