Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Here begins the tale of one very special squadron of the King's Musketeers.*

*We begin at the end of a routine patrol mission in the forest of Lardres on the Rajerian border. There were rumours of strange shapes in the forest, but it turned out to be just chasing shadows. This was probably especially disappointing for the newest musketeer, Jacen, as his first mission wound up being uneventful. Now they have reached the small but busy city of Arvanne, the regional capital for the rural border province of Niarche.*

*It has been four days on the road from the forest. Our roadworn heroes are probably hoping for a nice hot bath, a warm meal, some fine wine, a little bit of companionship, or maybe some combination thereof.*

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen slouched into Arvanne. He couldn't help it. For one, his rear end was sore from all the riding. It wasn't that he couldn't ride, but he'd never had to ride so MUCH before. Sleeping outdoors was still kind of hard for him too, hence he was quite tired now. Finally, but outweighing all other reasons...the patrol had been a bust. And not just any old flat peasant bust, no. A full-fledged floppy, overstated aged noblewoman's bust that needed wires and whalebone sewn into her gown to support.

Nothing. Nothing?!

"I still think I saw -something-," he says sullenly, his voice still clinging madly to the last of his boyish higher register, just as his cheeks retained their youthful roundness. He was the sort of boy women called 'pretty,' and often crowded around. Young for a musketeer, almost scandalously so...but anyone who had seen his swordplay knew that young Jacen had earned his place among them.

"Maybe a witch used sorcery to confound us!" he adds, speaking louder over the clopping of hoofs on cobbles.

unleashed

First Post
*Gabriel sits up a little straighter in his saddle and grins, in anticipation of the pleasures that await him, as they return to the hustle and bustle of civilisation, subconsciously running his fingers through his hair and brushing off some road dust as they pass into the city.*

Glancing across at Jacen as he mentions a witch, Gabriel chuckles, “Sorry your first patrol was so routine Jacen, but I’m sure we’ll find something a little more exciting for you soon enough.” Adding, when he notices the way Jacen’s sitting his saddle, “And don’t worry, you’ll get used to all the riding and sleeping outdoors in no time. In the meantime though, a few drinks and a good nights sleep will help ease your discomfort.”

Velmont

First Post
Hyancinthe was on his horse behind the three companions. He was following the group without a word. He felt so tired. He is use to serve Gabriel and his friends, but the wilderness had such a burden to his task and he has no skills for outdoor. He might need to thinks about taking some time to train in such skill if he has to stay at there service.

That had been very ininteresting mission, but the life of a lackey of musketeers had suprisingly been more interesting than the work at the forge by some moment. He couldn't think to return there for good... or worse, to go in prison if some gentlemen he had clean the pockets in the past learned that he had been cheating against them.

Hyancinthe was awaken from his thought by Jacen words. The replies of Gabriel sounds at the opposite for him. It would mean he will have some more work to do before he could rest. He felt that he could really use a night without master... maybe he should try to find some lady for them so he can rest.

Fenris

Adventurer
Tristan rode comfortably upon his his large steed, trying to conceal his mirth at Jacen's discomfort upon his horse. "If the boy wouldn't always run from my training, his backside wouldn't be as sore." he thought.

Jacen's comment about a witch was too much for Tristan though, and a deep laugh burst forth from the musketeer. "As long as your witch doesn't enchant our wine or beds, we'll be fine Jacen."

Looking arond the busy city, Tristan adds: "I do love being out riding with Puissant here" he says patting the big horse's neck, "but I too am ready for a hard drink, a soft bed and a softer woman."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Cool, we have a first impression reply from everyone. I'm actually not going to actively channel this for now. You can use skills like Knowledge and Gather Information (or just a flat-out Search) to see what you already know / find out where things are and then go do them on your own initiative!)

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen scowls a bit, but grudgingly admits, "A proper bed does sound nice. Sleeping for a whole night without having swat any bugs...maybe an actual bath." He definitely doesn't sound unhappy about those things.

"Still. Is that sort of thing common? I mean, riding out and finding nothing at all? I thought chasing rumors and shadows was work for the town guard. We're Musketeers. The best of the best! Surely we have better things to do."

unleashed

First Post
*Gabriel nods and grins, obviously in agreement with Tristan’s sentiments.*

“It’s all part of protecting the king, Jacen ... even the little things like patrolling and following up on rumours of strange shapes in the forest that turn out to be nothing. If we don’t do it and someone or something intent on harming the king or the kingdom slips by unopposed, then we have failed in our duty. It’s not all glamourous my friend, but it is important ... no matter how mundane it might seem.”

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
With a sigh, Jacen nods. "I guess you're right."

He looks around, shifting gears with the alacrity of youth. "I haven't been here before, what inn are we staying at?"

Fenris

Adventurer
"Not only that Jacen. But the sight of Musketeers puts the locals at ease. It shows that the King cares about them. Enough to send his best to investigate even shadows to address their fears." adds Tristan.

"As to our inn, we have been in so many on the road, I can't keep them straight at the end of the day. Didn't it have a boar on the sign?"

Remove ads