STARTING RIGHT NOW! MEGA ADVENTURE: Calling all players!

Rystil Arden

First Post
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Okay, since my Showdown adventure is still pretty slow, and since there was a very high chance that if they complete their quest, they will fulfill the minor side prerequisite to the big mega-adventure, I'm just going to do a bit of a time-skip here and say that they did.

What does that mean for you, gentle player?

It means that a big world-shaking mega-adventure that spans multiple adventuring groups is about to begin. It is suitable for adventurers of all levels, except higher levels are better and it can take no more than about 1 group's worth of total newbies. High level adventurers are requested if possible. The risks will be great, but so will the rewards. Do you have what it takes to stop the resurrection of one of the greatest evils in LEW's history? Chime in in this thread. Once I have enough people, we can start the big pregame council and then split off into groups!

(Minor sidenote--the mega-adventure will technically take place after the return of both the Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins group and the Crux of the Matter group. It is a bit of an unusual sidenote, but if you guys want to take part (and tCotM group will recognise some links in this so I suggest it), you can post interest even though we aren't done yet)

Adventurers who have checked in so far--

**Rinaldo Human Rogue5/Trader5 (Comes with Hogarth--Wood Elf Cleric 8)
**Vanitri Human Rogue3/Ranger2/HorizonWalker5 (Comes with Elektra--Human Wizard 7)

**Tenebrynn Elf Diviner5/Fighter1/EldritchKnight3
**Ironwolf Human PsyWar9
**Ashnar Human Evoker6/HumanParagon3

**Eternity Elan Egoist8

**Hulgyr, Orc Fighter2/Barbarian2/OrcParagon3
**Almayce Elf Cleric3/Wizard3/MysticTheurge1 (constaint: != Ducane)
**Zack Fighter5/Barbarian2
**Ducane Fighter4/PsyWar2/Warmind1 (constraint: != Almayce)
**Opale Human Wizard7
**Juliana PsyWar5/Warmind2

**Michael Human Cleric5/Ranger1
**Nodis Human Shaper6
**Devlin Human Rogue6

**Nurlan Human Bard4/Fighter1
**Tor Barbarian2/Fighter2/Sorcerer1

**Gur Human Ranger4
**Lucien Half-Elf Ranger4
Talbin, Halfling Rogue4 (in adventure (WotV)--maybe higher by the time we get there)

**Rinya Half-Elf Barbarian2/Ranger1
**Babette Human Sorcerer3
**Richard Human Fighter3
Kol Maenad Barbarian3
**Lokin Human Fighter3
Payne Human Rogue3
**Octavio Human Rogue2/Fighter1

Saithnar Elan Telepath2
**Tumna, Human Telepath2
Rhys Goblin Fighter2 (in adventure (SitFR)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
Eskon Human Paladin2 (in adventure (SitFR)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
Jallembo Human Rogue2 (in adventure (DD)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
Ximix Elf Cleric2 (in adventure (DD)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
**Valan Human Cleric2
**Quozen Elf Monk2
**Fimbus Gnome Illusionist2
**Khairi Human Fighter2

Nob Gnome Bard1
Quintaine Halfling Rogue1
Abdul Elf Wizard1 (in adventure (DD)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
Cesurius Elf Rogue1
Elthik Dwarf Rogue1 (in adventure (DD)--maybe higher by the time we get there)
Landers Half-Elf Cleric1
Dorrin Human Cleric1
**Maladar Half-Elf Ranger1
**Droggle Dwarf Fighter1
**Hasin Dwarf Ranger1
**Baldrian Human Cleric1
**Jace Human Cleric1
**Gaius Human Fighter1
**Ashmodai Maenad Wilder1
**Lily Kobold Wizard1
**Jinx Human Kineticist1
**Peladus Human Wizard1

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Gur will offer his services as a tracker and scout to whatever groups would find him useful.
Great! I've mentioned this a few times before, and I believe Patlin and Rae have heard my general Master Plan so far.

For now I'm collecting players in this announcement thread. Level and class are easy to find by checking the character thread, but if you include them, that can help. Also, players with multiple idle characters are welcome to bring more than one.

Drerek

First Post
I've only got one guy, a 1st level wizard who's on guard duty for a caravan at the moment. Can I go ahead and create a 3rd level guy for the mega adventure?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Drerek said:
I've only got one guy, a 1st level wizard who's on guard duty for a caravan at the moment. Can I go ahead and create a 3rd level guy for the mega adventure?
LEW is not like Living Eberron. All characters start at level 1. You can create a new 1st-level character if you wish, but since only 1 out of about 6 groups will be able to accept 1st level PCs (unless I get more allied GMs for this to add in tangential side missions and quests, but right now it's me doing 5 and Rae doing 1--I have an e-mail I can send to potential GMs for that purpose), I wouldn't create two. That said, even if your PC doesn't eventually help in the quest, the intro will be a big and important council--imagine the Council of Rivendell in Fellowship, so it might be cool to have your character come and participate in the discussion. At the very least, he can brag to other adventurers that he was there and played a part ;)

Trouvere

Explorer
It seems unlikely that my characters will be part of it. Do you plan to run all 5 or 6 adventures simultaneously? I read quite a few of the current adventures as they progress, and I'm wondering whether I should avoid the Big Event ones, in case I have a later opportunity to get involved.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
It seems unlikely that my characters will be part of it. Do you plan to run all 5 or 6 adventures simultaneously? I read quite a few of the current adventures as they progress, and I'm wondering whether I should avoid the Big Event ones, in case I have a later opportunity to get involved.
I can give you a brief summary of how the Mega-Adventure / Adventure Path / Campaign Saga will progress:

There will be 6 Mission-Vital Preliminary Adventures and possibly several that are not Mission-Vital if other GMs want to help me out and make it even bigger. Ideally the non-mission-vital ones would be for lowbies who are left behind, if there are any.

Then, there might be a hazy intermediate section, all depending on those first adventures, but the climax and finale will involve bringing together everyone (possibly even those who weren't involved in the first part) for a truly epic event!

I won't get more detailed than that in order to avoid potential spoilers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Doh...I'm interested, but since I haven't joined LEW yet, I'd be 1st level too.

Ah well...
Well, it is true that we don't have a full level 1 team here yet, so you still have time if you'd like to throw your hat in the ring. And hey, if we get more GMs, there may be even more room for level 1 characters than currently.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases